Vacancy – Analyst Programmer (Developer)
IT & Change
Competitive remuneration and benefits package
To create and maintain quality application software to support Standard Life Group’s business processes.
- Moderately complex software created, amended, and implemented in accordance with requirements, design and implementation instructions to ensure that the software meets the agreed standards and within agreed timescales.
- Plans, designs and conducts tests of software; reviews results andtakes remedial action as necessary, to ensure that the software meets the business needs.
- All work documented in accordance with agreed standards to ensure consistency of approach and to comply with audit requirements.
- Reviews undertaken of specific pieces of work with colleagues as required, to ensure that the system design and documentation follows best practice.
- Produces detailed designs for some system components (which could include physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, software specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures) to ensure that all aspects of the design are considered to best meet the business needs.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems to ensure that maximum benefit is achieved from investment in new software.
- System problems and requests for support across a small range of systems investigated, appropriate actions taken and documented to ensure that the required standards, methods and procedures are applied, that delays are avoided or minimised and that Standard Life has maximum system availability.
- Progress updates provided to IT technical areas and business areas to ensure that all relevant information is taken into account
Qualifications / Experience:
- University degree or equivalent
- Is able to work to required standards and to understand and use the appropriate methods, tools (e.g. Java, Cobol) and applications.
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Proven ability to absorb and apply new technical information.
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor own work competently within limited time horizons.
- Previous experience of planning, scheduling and monitoring work of others.
The below competencies are essential to the success of the role and will be evaluated as part of the recruitment process.
- Change Orientation - The willingness and ability to respond to, support and initiate change in a positive manner.
- Teamwork - Displaying the ability to contribute co-operatively and successfully whether on a divisional or cross-divisional basis, in a process managed company.
- Preference for Action - Grasping issues that require resolution & ensuring that appropriate effective action is taken.
- Business Knowledge - Having a sound grasp of the Company's plans & operating environment, the factors relevant to one's own role and the interaction between one's own role and others within the Company and outside.
- Planning and Organising - The ability to develop clear and logical step by step plans for self and for others which set out what needs to happen, when, how and by whom.
- Creative and Innovative Thinking - The ability to think creatively and innovatively.
Friday 30th November 2012
NO AGENCY ASSISTANCE REQUIRED