Ernst & Young
Advisory Manager - Performance Improvement
Advisory Manager - Performance Improvement - Finance Transformation
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager to manage client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and manage business development activities..
Our Finance Transformation team members focus on the priorities and challenges our clients' CFOs are facing.
Ernst & Young Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction and program management.
Your responsibilites as an Advisory Manager will include:
- Working with CFOs in leading financial organisations, our finance professionals help assess and transform the finance function to improve performance and effectiveness.
- Provide insights and recommendations on people, processes and systems and then work with clients to deliver improvements including the following areas;
- Finance Transformation - Finance operating model design, controls framework and processes and finance systems optimisation / design
- Financial Statement Close Process - Optimised and faster close process design and implementation and close process management
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Manage expectations of client service delivery and stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities and develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen.
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills you will need as a Advisory Manager
- A bachelor's degree and very strong related work experience
- A degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or Business; MBA and/or CPA is preferred. Preferably with a CIMA or ACCA qualification.
- Strong experience in providing advisory services in the finance function and/or serving in an operational capacity within the finance function (e.g. Order to Cash; Procure to Pay; Close to Report; Budgeting and Planning, Shared Services/Outsourcing)
- Experience in managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations
- Experience in program management for large scale business transformation projects and programs
- Experience managing a team of junior consulting professionals
At Ernst & Young our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.