Innovative specialist in engine leasing and trading is seeking to hire an accounts assistant to join an accountancy team in an open and friendly environment.
Company offers a competitive benefits package with opportunities to advance career in a diverse and creative business. Permanent position with immediate start in Shannon.
Main duties and functions include:
- Supplier invoices – matching invoices to POs, verifying approvals, coding to the appropriate GL accounts and entering the invoices in to the accounting system (Quantum).
- Analysing freight invoices, coding appropriately and recording in the accounting system.
- Liaising with the company’s site personnel to get authorisation for payments to suppliers.
- Resolution of supplier queries relating to invoices.
- Reconciliation of vendors per the accounting system to statements received.
- Assist in maintaining AP vendor master data.
- Cash allocation and reconciliation.
- Collection of outstanding debts whilst maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Timely resolution of payment queries.
- Ensuring all duties are performed in accordance with company’s international policies and procedures, e.g. adequate documentation and document retention.
- May participate in special projects such as process improvements and implementation, and integrating accounting for acquired entities
- As part of the finance team, the job will include other general accounting duties as appropriate.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 1-2 years’ Experience in an accounts or finance role in a similar industry or shared services centre environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Third level business related qualification an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Good systems skills in accounting software (Quantum an advantage).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required.
If you meet the criteria for this job and would like to find out more, please submit your CV.