This role is deemed to be a Control Function (CF) under the Central Bank’s Fitness & Probity Regulations. Any new appointments t
This role is deemed to be a Control Function (CF) under the Central Bank’s Fitness & Probity Regulations. Any new appointments to a CF role are subject to an individual meeting the standards for the role now, and continuing to meet the standards into the future.
Manage and control an extensive loan portfolio with full responsibility for its risk profile. Adhere strictly to credit policy, compliance and legislative guidelines. Particular emphasis is required on the management of the existing population of stressed loans within that portfolio. You will also lead and develop a team of Banking Managers. In addition, the role will require the prudent acquisition of suitable clients in line with bank strategy and agreed targets within the Food & Agri and Renewable Energy sectors by providing a highly skilled value-added service to clients in these sectors.
Credit Risk Management:
- Effective assessment and management of credit risk for all existing and new lending.
- Formulate and recommend loan applications for customers in a timely fashion, in line with bank credit policy.
- Ensure that reviews of clients’ exposures are conducted in a timely fashion and in line with bank’s targets.
- Ensure all client relationships are correctly graded with regard to the bank’s credit grading policy.
- Timely provision of key information reports on credit quality and loan book status
- Liaise with SAM teams ensuring a timely and professional handover of relevant grades 4 & 5 exposures and providing assistance as agreed
- Ensure priority is given to timely completion of review process as outlined by the bank.
- Improve your own and your teams credit skills, for example, completion of the OMEGA credit skills course.
Customer Account Management:
- Prompt and timely arrears management with an emphasis on collection of same.
- Develop an orderly structure whereby team members actively pursue collection of monies due
- Regular progress reports on ongoing collection of arrears
- Ensure self and team are fully briefed on the legal framework supporting arrears management
- Represent the bank in all negotiations in a professional manner, seeking appropriate solutions with the customer and deliver optimum results for the bank.
- Ensure you have in-depth knowledge of your customer portfolio with particular emphasis on stressed cases and those displaying warning signals.
- Guarantee end to end customer service by ensuring that all actions are continually managed in an effective manner.
- Develop a close working relationship with other functions in the bank to maximise non-interest income e.g. Wealth Management
- Develop the skills of a ‘Trusted Advisor’ providing a value-added service to strategic customers in the Food & Agri and Renewable Energy sectors.