Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
The vacancy of Technical Support Analyst has arisen within Group Business Services. This full time position is based in Kilkenny and reports to the Group IT Technical Support Manager. The role involves the provision of 2nd level technical support, remotely supporting a geographically dispersed user base of 3,300.
The main functions of the role include:
Candidates are required to have the following pre-requisites:
- Registering user support calls in the Call Management System – LANDesk Service Desk.
- Ensuring that LANDesk Service Desk is kept up-to-date and accurate and also ensure that all notes and associated information relating to calls are added to the system in an appropriate manner.
- Providing client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Providing online End User support for PCs, Printers, standard MS Operating system, MS Office, Exchange and other applications
- Providing network support of LAN, WAN, MAN and RAS.
- Adhering to client operational procedures.
- Overseeing the administration of Global Active Directory of the company’s global network.
- Reading technical manuals, conferring with users and conducting computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Liaising with the Infrastructure Planning team, IT Operations team and Business Unit IT personnel on escalations and service delivery.
- Liasing with external third party Service Providers.
- Reporting on support performance in line with IT Service Level Agreements.
- A degree in Computing / IT.
- A minimum of 2 –3 years experience in a similar role.
- An excellent knowledge of Windows - Win 7, Win 2008 and Windows XP.
- Ability to identify and prioritise issues as appropriate to business urgency.
- Able to self learn and develop.
- Ability to review own working practices in order to develop and implement more effective ways of working.
- Level headed and can work unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Ambition to learn new products and skills and maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, tasks & work schedules to meet customer services standards
- PC, printer and networking troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong and proven communication skills
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Able and willing to travel if required for periods of time.
- MCP / MCSE / MCSA / CCNA qualifications are not essential but would be an advantage.
- Firewall and VPN Technologies experience is not essential but would be an advantage.