178 Commercial Insurance Underwriter
To support the continued development of Commercial Lines Insurance business, FBD Insurance plc invites applications for the position 178 Commercial Insurance Underwriter.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
Working closely with and reporting to the Commercial Underwriting Team Leader, she/he will be results focused and key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring work allocated is completed in line with Department SLAs.
- Process allocated administration tasks according to guidelines and ensure regulatory requirements are achieved.
- Supporting Sales Channels with referrals for existing business.
- Accept MTAs via email/telephone and complete accurately and within underwriting acceptance criteria.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with Sales Channels.
- Ensure the quality of data input and documentation achieves the required standard.
- Carry out instructions to deliver renewal strategies.
Key Skills and Competencies:
The appropriate candidate will have / be:
- Meet regulatory requirements as described in the Minimum Competency Code (Source: Central Bank, 2011) and Fitness and Probity Standards (Source: Central Bank, 2012)
- Qualified to Approved Product Advisor (APA) | Certified Insurance Practitioner (CIP) | ACII or Grandfathered Accreditation, a distinct advantage.
- Hold a third level qualification or appropriate professional qualification.
- Ability to make job related decisions within structured guidelines.
- Good communication and decision making skills with the ability to work in a team.
- Good organisational skills around managing work volumes.
- Excellent computer skills including mainframe, excel, word and proprietary systems.
- Self motivated with ability to act on own initiative and a desire to build on ones knowledge and experience to date.
- Achieve and maintain minimum competency requirements.
Applications with full Curriculum Vitae quoting reference 178 Commercial Insurance Underwriter should be sent before Friday 1st February 2013 .
FBD is an equal opportunities employer
FBD is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland