17-R-165 Branch Manager Wicklow - FBD Insurance plc.
17-R-165 - Branch Manager Wicklow
Purpose of Job/Role:
The overall purpose of the Branch Manager is to manage all aspects of the Sales Office operation and achieve performance levels and sales targets as set out by the Company; manage Sales Office costs and introduce efficiencies in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager; coach and develop staff; manage and recognise high performance and manage poor performance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the Sales Office, and ensure Sales Office targets are achieved as per annual business plan and to deliver on personal sales targets.
- Lead and manage performance of Sales Executives, Sales Development Coordinator and Sales Advisors. Provide necessary coaching, development and support to staff. Ensure team demonstrate the required level of skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Allocate targets, business segments in line with the Company ambition and in a manner that ensures all staff have the opportunity to excel and achieve and exceed business targets.
- Work with other branch managers to best utilise shared resources.
- Grow revenue through direct selling and account management, personally and with the office team.
- Target customer segments in commercial and agri business sectors and develop prospecting strategies to maximise penetration and / or build on success.
- Develop customer relationships and sales opportunities – constantly striving to improve conversion rates and quality of business.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process i.e. prospecting, lead generation, time and territory management, and call activity, conversion rates, follow-up renewals and referrals.
- Performance management – establish programme of individual meetings to set targets, review performance and identify development needs. Identify training and development necessary to maximise performance outputs.
- Deal with poor performance, manage absenteeism and branch resourcing effectively.
- Report on Sales Office activity and sales performance as required by Sales Management.
- Be a key contributor to the successful achievement of objectives at a regional level, including sales targets and loss ratios, by actively supporting the Regional Manager across these activities.
- Develop and/or maintain local relationships with key customer groups/associations, such as the IFA.
Be competent through:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant sales and/or management experience
- A Relevant degree / Grandfathered / CIP Qualification
- A Full Clean Driving Licence
- Being familiar with Policy administration, Microsoft Office, Intranet, Internet, e-learning
- Adherence to the Minimum Competency Code
Be excellent at:
- Selling, supported by a proven track record
- People Management & Performance Management
- Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Understanding Minimum Competency and Regulatory requirements and familiar with FBD compliance requirements and auditing processes.
Be able to:
- plan and co-ordinate activity effectively
- lead and motivate a team of people
- lead out on and embed change
- build relationships, build networks and build the business
- deliver service excellence to customers through others
- maximise team performance
Be committed to:
- supporting FBD at becoming a trusted advisor to customers, for their insurance needs
- being ambitious in the business and the customer’s interest
- excellent business quality
- profitable business growth across targeted segments
- proactively identifying, sharing and utilising knowledge and best practice
- championing FBD’s values through leadership
- branch development
Please email applications in strictest confidence quoting the reference, ‘17-R-165 Branch Manager Wicklow’, before closing date Friday, 13th October 2017.
FBD is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
FBD is an equal opportunities Employer