ALISON seeks to hire a Linux systems administrator to join their technology team.
You will play a key part in ensuring that our global e-Learning systems can sustain growth and development as business increases. You will provide systems administration for our Linux based global e-Learning system while also providing guidance on the design, build and maintenance of the next generation of our systems.
- Provide systems administration for Linux based global e-Learning systems
- Implement/improve robust failover and load balancing
- Assist with internal systems and network maintenance
- Exploring tools and technologies to improve efficiency and maximize performance
- Building the tools, scripts, and operating procedures for continuous improvement
- Fault detection, isolation, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Performance analysis and optimization
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Rock solid Linux/Unix systems admin skills. (Centos/Redhat)
- TCP/IP fundamentals, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, DHCP, etc..
- Experienced in supporting 24x7 systems
- Strong exposure to web server configuration (Apache)
- System Administration familiar with High Availability RHEL6 Architecture
- Network Administration
- Mail System Administration
- Strong scripting experience (PERL / shell / bash / python / ruby)
Experience in following a Distinct advantage:
- MySQL DBA experience
- Experience with Caching solutions
- CDN pull experience
If you feel you are the right person for this role please do not hesitate to contact us.