Elavon - Your global source for innovative payment solutions.
Elavon provides businesses with one of the most secure, cost effective and comprehensive card payment processing services available on the market today - using leading edge technology and supported by unrivalled customer service. Our end to end solutions and international processing platform support more than one million businesses worldwide.
Elavon is a top 5 Acquirer in the European market place, with a significant presence in the USA, Ireland, the UK, Germany, Norway, Poland, Mexico, Brazil and Spain. We offer customers a suite of cross-border and multi-currency payment processing solutions designed to meet their individual needs. Elavon is wholly owned by US Bancorp, the fifth largest financial holding in the United States of America.
Your career is here at Elavon
It's an exciting time to be in the payments industry, and at Elavon, we know our company is only as strong as our people. We are constantly on the lookout for strong team members who can provide value and superior service to our customers and partners worldwide. Elavon is committed to a diverse workplace, and we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial security; they also give you peace of mind. We invest in your career growth with development resources that give you the opportunity to stretch and shine.
To further strengthen our position as key market player in Europe, we are looking for an Linux / UNIX Infrastructure Engineer.
This is primarily a systems engineering position with some elements of support. Ideally, the candidate will have a strong systems engineering background with hands-on experience using Linux/Unix application installations and configurations.
This position will require working with multiple groups such as Network, Security, Project MGT, Production Support, Application Development and Architecture.
- Design and build high availability LINUX/UNIX systems.
- Hardening and security of LINUX/UNIX systems.
- Develop and maintain scripts for systems automation.
- Upgrades and improvements to systems architecture.
- Document planning, processes and procedures
- Investigate issues, working through to resolution.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and specifications on system builds and SOPs.
- Test and implement the latest and up-to-date version of all software installed on the servers.
- Act as a technical resource for all UNIX and Linux related questions within the organization.
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware and software problems as they occur.
- Backup and recovery of all systems and applications in the environment.
- Assist Operations team with OS patching and Monitoring of the environment for availability and performance.
- Applicant is responsible for all systems administration, monitoring, reporting, OS tuning, and design of tools to manage the environment more effectively.
- Responsibilities will include monitoring, data security, participation in external audits, prepare and maintain departmental procedures required by PCI, SAS70, SOX and GLPA requirements. Must ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements plus implement and maintain security controls on all corporate systems.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience required:
- 5+ years of UNIX or Linux System Administration experience with Oracle Solaris 10, Linux RHEL6 or RHEL7. ( Red Hat Certification is desirable )
- Expertise in installation and customization of Linux or Solaris, and the tools for automation on these platforms. eg: puppet, ansible
- Strong understanding of Virtualization technologies, - VMware, RHEV, Oracle Virtual Machines, ZFS etc.
- Proven ability to technical lead project teams in a technical capacity, as well as deliver stand-alone projects.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting complex issues including zoning, configuration, synchronization, routing, etc.
- Familiarity with Hardware including, HP / DELL Servers, Oracle,- T Series, M Series, S series and Blade Servers.
- Experience with SAN Storage, OS multi-pathing technology, and Virtualization techniques.
- Strong understanding of Low level OS processes and internals. This includes kernel parameters and OS tuneables.
- Strong understanding of the OS patching process, package definition and creation.
- Applicant must be able to work independently but also be able to work well as a team member, should show good leadership skills, and have strong time management skills.
- This is a high-availability Enterprise and will require after-hours and occasional weekend work.
- Must be familiar with disciplines such as project management, problem management, change management, network/server monitoring and server backups/restores.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, meet operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong communication and customer relations skills are a must.
Technical Skills Desired:
RHEL6, RHEL7, Solaris 10, Solaris 11, VMware, RHEV, Satellite, Puppet, Apache, Oracle Database, JBOSS, Websphere, Tibco, DNS, EMC Networker, Storage Area Network Administration (SAN Storage, EMC Control Center, Storage Provisioning and Zoning). Monitoring Software ( Nagios, Spectrum).