Design Manager - Dublin
Design Manager - Dublin
- The Design Manager will report to Director's level and will be an integral part of the clients' leadership team responsible for delivering the financial, operational and strategic goals.
- Lead and manage a high performance Design Engineering function for the client to produce accurate designs on time and complete to customer deadlines and in accordance with the clients values and objectives
- Create a high performance culture based on the pillars of innovation, quality and customer focus though the motivation and engagement of the team, to deliver operational excellence.
- Develop and deliver an annual operating plan for the Design function that ensures the client will deliver on its production commitments within allocated budget, people resources, targets and timeframes
- Manage the production schedule with the Design department and undertake robust daily, weekly and monthly planning and coordination to ensure that all the necessary resources are in place to achieve production KPI's and ultimately deliver on time and in full to internal and external customer deadlines
- Lead and manage a team of Team Leaders and Design Engineers, ensuring they have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools and support to perform in their roles
- Develop and maintain an engineering capability through skills enhancement, problem solving and optimisation of technology
- Lead a programme of continuous improvement for Design, using principals and methodologies of Lean Six Sigma appropriately
- Collaborate with all internal customers and specifically Sales, Planning & Manufacturing Production to ensure the schedule is optimised and achieved to deliver to customer deadlines
- Design, develop and maintain KPI indicators that enable full visibility of performance and shares information
- Educational/Professional qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven and demonstrable experience in Manufacturing, and/or Engineering related industry with strong knowledge of Design Engineering methodology, systems, operations and standards
- At least 5 years' experience in Engineering/ Operations/Production management role
- Knowledge and experience in 3D design packages and related technologies
- Knowledge in Lean; Six Sigma methodology and application of same
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodology and can manage multiple, competing highly complex projects at any one time
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast paced operational setting and continuous improvement initiatives
- Laser focused on delivering quality to customer
- Proven ability to manage large volumes of highly complex designs to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage and develop high performance teams, knowledgeable and experienced in engagement and motivation techniques
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
- Levels of high energy and drive for results
For more information on this position please send an updated CV or contact David Murphy, Engineering Recruitment Consultant at Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.