Process Analyst for GDPR Projects with Tech Data - Contract or Permanent options available
Process Analyst for GDPR Projects
Client Solutions at Tech Data is a leading software services company in Ireland specializing in Bespoke Software Development, Business Intelligence, SAP ERP Solutions and Help Desk Solutions.
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA) Division enables our customers’ decision makers make decisions based on information that is current, accurate and relevant. Our experienced consultants leverage data to provide deep insight into our customers businesses, helping them to make faster decisions, driving cost savings and increasing revenues. Each solution is exclusively designed and implemented to meet our individual clients’ requirements.
We are currently working on a cross-functional GDPR compliance project to review and remediate a large clients personal data processing practices in advance of 25 May 2018.
We are looking for a Process Analyst to join this team as soon as possible
On 25th May, 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) comes into application across the European Union. We are taking charge of a company-wide GDPR compliance project that includes, as a key work stream, a review of all data processing activities within the company and the creation of a Record of Processing Activity.
This position will be reporting to the GDPR Program Manager. The GDPR program requires a process analyst to carry out the following activities:
- Review business processes already documented and re-purpose these in order to provide the output necessary for analysing the processing of personal data in each process
- Work across the organisation to identify any potential gaps in the processes i.e. missing processes or changes to those processes since their construction.
- Create documentation for identified processes which have not yet been documented
- Identify external third parties involved in the processing of personal data.
- With the Legal and Regulatory team and the business, validate that a valid rationale exists for all data processing
- Document the necessary output of the process reviews
- Request validation of the data processing mechanism and work with the Legal & Regulatory department to identify and create an inventory of personal data processing
- Plan out the repeatable mechanism for scheduling and conducting the process reviews/approvals process with the various organisational stakeholders.
- Upload the completed record of data processing activities to a dedicated cloud application.
- Work with the GDPR program to agree the in-life management of the processes and data processing recording.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proven experience in a Process Analysis role
- Experience of working across multiple organisational department
- Proven ability to identify key stakeholders in a program/project
- Data processing analysis experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven ability to deconstruct and express complex information in clear and unambiguous documentation
- Experience of working in a process analysis role in the IT sector of the telecommunications industry would be an advantage
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, MS Visio and version controlling.
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Ownership/leadership of driving tasks with stakeholders to completion, with strict deadlines applied.
Desired Skills / Experience
- Degree in a computing or information systems discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge of data protection law and compliance
- Understanding of IT concepts and terminology
- Ability to articulate request to IT asks - via the project delivery method.
This role is open to both contract and permanent candidates. Please state your daily rate or salary expectations when sending in your CV. Also include your availability and notice period