As Security Officers of MITIE you will act as Ambassadors on behalf to the organisation and thereby have a personal responsibility to employ and deliver the highest quality and most professional work standards and practices found to be present within the Security Industry.
Retail Security Personnel required for Dublin City Centre location, fulltime position, excellent working environment. Applicants should have excellent verbal and written English communication skills and be prepared to work regular variable work schedule. Previous security experience desirable.
- Pro-actively ensuring the protection of employees, property and assets.
- Creating a safe and comfortable working environment for employees and visitors.
- Responding to emergency situations as they arise.
- Accurately reporting all incidents to Site Supervisor / Line managers.
- Preventing and detecting offences on site.
- Producing written reports.
- Monitoring and operating CCTV cameras and other recording systems. .
- Provide escort duties for staff at night.
- Using the correct radio voice procedure.
- Liaising with the emergency services, Gardai, Ambulance and Fire service to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Checking and validating business visitor credentials.
- Controlling the entry and exit of vehicles.
- Making sure that no unauthorised personnel enter restricted areas.
- Collecting statements and evidence in reported allegations.
- Accurately updating administrative records and sheets.
- Escalating incidents when required to.
Place of Work:
- Based at Mitie client site.
- Premium rate
- High level of corporate security
- Excellent on site facilities
- Valid PSA license
- Ability to provide a 5 year back ground check. Written reference covering full 5 year period is a compulsory requirement..
- Fluent in English
- Possessing a friendly, approachable personality.
- Smart and presentable appearance.
- Willing to work shifts, morning, nights etc
- Good IT skills – computer literate
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Dealing with people politely but in authoritative manner.
- Computer literate, familiar with use of MS Office
- Capability to monitor information feeds simultaneously from multiple sources.
- Having a professional approach to all routine tasks.
- Experience of monitoring and controlling security equipment ie CCTV, Access Control, Key Management
- Focused on the delivery of customer service.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience of working in a control room
- Good Comprehension.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.