Elavon provides businesses with one of the most secure, cost effective and comprehensive card payment processing services available on the market today using leading edge technology and supported by unrivalled customer service. Our end to end solutions and international processing platform support more than one million businesses worldwide.
Elavon is a top 5 Acquirer in the European market place, with a significant presence in the USA, Ireland, the UK, Germany, Norway, Poland, Mexico, Brazil and Spain. We offer customers a suite of cross-border and multi-currency payment processing solutions designed to meet their individual needs. Elavon is wholly owned by US Bancorp, the fifth largest financial holding in the United States of America.
Elavon's 4,300 employees are dedicated to responding to the needs of our clients and partners everywhere. It's our experienced, highly responsive people that truly set us apart. Elavon's quality reputation is unrivalled in the industry.
At Elavon, we encourage employees to grow professionally and be challenged by a leader in the payments industry. We thrive on efficiency and progress. To achieve these goals, we constantly seek people who look for ways to do things better. We are also committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workplace.
We are looking for team members to help drive our growth. Above all, we look for people who are dedicated to providing value and superior service to our customers, to our shareholders and to our communities.
To further strengthen our role as key market player in Europe, we are now looking to recruit a Mainframe Applications Programmer.
Elavon's Global Technology Services Group operates in a shared services model with a large team of professionals deployed across two continents. Reporting to the development manager you will work in a dedicated team of five programmers assigned to develop and support our EU card payment application.
This is a busy, dynamic environment where priorities and demands regularly change. The successful candidate will be fully involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle and provide support for production applications.
- Provide support to Business Analysts during requirements gathering
- Write technical design documents
- Develop and unit test solutions based on defined requirements
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Deploy changes into the production environment. This can include out of hours and weekend support for significant implementations
- Provide daytime and out of hours production support / on call
- Review colleague's documentation and development
Knowledge / Skills / Experience required:
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a COBOL DB2 programmer in the Mainframe environment
- Experience working in both development and support roles
- Experience working on a large banking / financial system. Card Payment experience, issuing and / or acquiring is desirable but not essential
- Excellent English language skills, verbal and written
- Proven ability to multi-task and work to fixed deadlines
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers using appropriate language, both written and verbally
- Ability to self-manage delivery of assigned tasks to deadlines
Proven knowledge of the following is essential:
- Cobol / CICS / DB2
- Batch scheduler; ideally CA7
- Change control software; ideally Endevor
Knowledge of the following is desirable but not essential:
- IBM File Manager
- Comfortable working as a self-starter and as part of a wider team
- Ability to operate in a matrix organisation, build relationships at all management levels
- Ability to think and act independently while promoting team work through collaboration
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and solve problems
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholder relationships and expectations and demonstrate sound communication, negotiating and influencing skills