Our client, a global leading logistics and freight organisation is looking to hire a Director of Manufacturing to lead and develop their team during a time of steady growth and expansion.
Executive Job: Director of Manufacturing and Operations. Our client, a global leading logistics and freight organisation is looking to hire a Director of Manufacturing to lead and develop their team during a time of steady growth and expansion.
- Develop and monitor performance goals (KPI’s) in order to achieve overall financial targets and initiate corrective and preventive actions when necessary.
- Determine and implement annual plans and budget in order to achieve overall strategic objectives.
- Secure resources and competencies to manage the strategy and day to day operations.
- Supply the customers with the right products, at competitive prices and consistent quality in order to meet customer expectations.
- Implement World-class principles in order to secure the most cost efficient production in the business.
- Direct, support and coach your teams in order to secure continuous development of the right competencies, efficient working methods and stimulating working environment.
- Third level degree and/or Master’s degree in a relevant business discipline e.g. engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant Industrial experience (truck, construction machines, agriculture or automotive) in production and supply chain management.
- At least 5-7 years within a modern factory management role, with 3 to 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level, within a multi-national, global company.
- Experience dealing with c level and corporate stakeholders
- Awareness of the importance of Health and Safety
- In depth knowledge of the principles of Lean Manufacturing and how it supports the overall business strategy.
- Strong people management skills and experience, to achieve full alignment of each individual team member’s performance with the business strategy and goals.
- Experience of working within a unionized environment would be beneficial
- Cross functional experience between the Supply function, R&D, Sourcing and Sales & Service.
- Flexible to travel if required.
If you are interested in learning more about this Director of Manufacturing and Operations appointment, please contact Anne-Marie Walsh at Brightwater Executive on 01 662 1000 or click to apply below.