An opportunity currently exists for an EHS professional qualified with a Degree in Science or H&S (or equivalent). The successful EHS candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role (ideally within chemical/pharmaceutical industry).
- To provide specialist advice to management and workforce by interpreting health and safety legislation, policies and industry guidance.
- To develop and /or improve safety systems, programmes and standards and to deliver high quality Health and Safety training and technical support.
- To ensure company compliance and continuous improvement in H&S standards by auditing and reviewing the Health and Safety management systems and programmes.
- Provision of Health & Safety technical advice to management and workforce.
- Interpretation and application of legislation, industry good practice guidance and corporate policies.
- Oversee development and continuous improvement of risk assessment and other programmes to meet regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Development of systems, programmes and standards to meet the requirements of existing and future legislation and corporate policy standards.
- Drive compliance and continuous improvement in H&S performance through auditing and training.
- Ensure adequate provision of Health and Safety training for workforce.
- Investigate and provide legislative guidance during incident response.
- Keep abreast of current health and safety legislation.
- Review process and equipment changes to identify potential, H&S impacts.
- Oversight of Health & Safety aspects of New Product Introductions.
- Collaboration with site manufacturing and technical support personnel to manage Health & Safety aspects of current processes.
- Participate in process flow team / contractor Health and Safety meetings and active monitoring.
- Key responsibility for delivery of internal audit programmes and periodically evaluating compliance with H&S legal requirements.
- Liaising with and reporting to Health & Safety regulatory agencies
- Degree in Science or H&S (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role (ideally within chemical/pharmaceutical industry)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge of standard software packages (eg Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Experience of operating within an integrated cross-functional, integrated H&S organisation
- Practical implementation of Health and Safety management systems and internal audit programmes
- Demonstrated good planning and organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks, commitment to task completion and timelines.
- Must have an ability to deliver training to varied audiences
- Must show initiative – ability and willingness to introduce new and modified programmes
DPS is a leading Project Management and Engineering Company serving industry around the world for over 40 years. Our reputation is based on forming successful partnerships with our clients, providing them with innovative designs and cost effective solutions in the context of sound judgment, strong management and technical excellence. We employ over 1200 people out of our thirteen office locations and serve a broad range of clients ranging from multinational companies to small generic producers. We provide Full Service Engineering for our clients including Project and Programme Management, Procurement, Design, Construction Management, Health & Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification, Professional Outsourcing and Start-up on global projects across a range of market sectors.
DPS Engineering is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do not reply to this job advert.