Finance Operations Manager- Transfer Agency
Reporting to the Head of Finance Transfer Agency, this is a pivotal role based in our Limerick office. Successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a number of processing oversight teams based in Limerick and Dublin as well as the oversight of service delivery from the Transfer Agency team in India who execute work on our behalf.
The department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous leading fund management companies and fund domiciles. A broad range of product types is supported including, mutual, money market, pooling and hedge funds. Ireland Finance Transfer agency is responsible for providing the following services within strict deadlines as part of the overall TA offering:
- Intraday Reconciliations
- EOD Reconciliations
- Debtor Chasing
- Responsible for ensuring that TA Finance meets its obligations to service clients in accordance with the fund documentation, administration agreement and SLD such that all KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Escalation point for any client or investor issue, liaising with clients, investors, & relationship managers where necessary as well as other NT operational managers, to ensure an appropriate resolution is delivered.
- Responsible for ensuring all daily reporting requirements are met by the finance team including specific client reporting, as well as daily reporting to internal teams and Senior Management.
- Ensuring deliverables are met by all of the Finance Operational Teams who operate within strict deadlines
- Oversight of processing quality and timeliness from offshore operations in India ensuring regular cross location meetings take place and that KPI’s and other issues are reviewed and discussed at these meetings.
- Continue to build on the relationships between home and offshore locations ensuring that there is continuous open communication across all levels.
- Produce management reporting for monthly finance operating activities with particular focus on progress on the annual objectives, tracking their progress, incident trends including preventative measures, technology updates.
- Maintain a robust control environment resulting in successful Internal & External Audits, Control reviews, Head of Investor Money [HIMO] reviews, Compliance reviews, Trustee reviews and all other client and regulatory due diligence exercises.
- Develop & Maintain relations with third parties including but not limited to, Clients, Internal & External auditors, HIMO Control, Risk and also other departments.
- Represent Transfer Agency Finance at internal and external meetings.
- Ensure adherence to Investor Money Regulations [IMR] and all other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operating procedures are established and adhered to, enhancing current procedures to improve productivity and quality.
- Human resource management and capacity planning.
- Continue to cultivate and develop staff to enhance their skillsets and enable their progression within Northern Trust.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages ownership, excellence, employee engagement, teamwork, and communication.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of new business relationships and develop procedures for the take on of new products and services.
- Be point of contact for various internal departments to evaluate and implement changes, - client, regulatory or internal initiatives leading the team through the change whilst ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Ensure that team strives to continuously improve and meets its productivity and efficiency targets.
- Enhance existing controls focusing on automation and process changes to include efficiency and productivity.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders: Regulators including, CBI and FED; Internal Stakeholders such as Relationship Managers, Transfer Agency Managers, Head of EMEA Client and Investor Servicing and Direct reports; External Clients, Advisors, Banking Partners, Auditors, Trustees and Compliance, Shareholders
- Significant operational experience, Transfer Agency experience advantageous
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 8 years Post Qualified Experience [PQE]
- Proven people management and change management skills
- Good Banking, Cash Management and Swift payment knowledge.
- Process analysis/improvement experience advantageous
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel
- Experience in working with Multiple currencies
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to manage teams in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong client focus gained in a financial services company
- Strong Transfer Agency Industry and Regulatory knowledge essential
- Strong Process Control focus advantageous
- Proactive and Motivated
- Thinking & Organisation Knowledge
- Client Service and Quality
- Technical & Compliance
- Risk Awareness
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management