Challenging new Process Engineering opportunity!
AbbVie employees work every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to be part of the team. We are always looking for talented people to join our team and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an Aseptic Process Engineer to join our Global team. We are looking for an engineering professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies advanced scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete complex assignments related to one or more technical fields or disciplines around the world. Someone who contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and who wants to be challenged and lead change from an engineering prespective.
Does this sound like a challenging, rewarding opportunity for you? then, read on!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower engineering grade levels within technical consultant career track.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies. Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes. Mitigates risk within functions through sound design, early risk assessments and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Identifies, plans, and conducts medium- to large-size projects across engineering disciplines requiring custom, risk-managed execution plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Makes difficult decisions regarding priorities between projects. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives and life cycle costs.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, plus demonstrated competence, with a minimum 10+ years of significant engineering in pharmaceutical process design with a preference in one of the following areas: aseptic fill/finish, small molecule active pharmaceutical chemical synthesis, and automation.
- Has demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth within discipline and across disciplines and is recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Experience leading HAZOP, FMEA, and Risk Assessments for pharmaceutical process projects
- Experience performing process fit analysis to complete feasibility, conceptual, and preliminary design studies including developing scope, budget, and schedule.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments.
- Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.