Advanced Environmental Solutions (Ireland) Limited is a subsidiary of Bord na Móna plc. Advanced Environmental Solutions (Ireland) Limited is one of Ireland’s leading Waste Management Companies, with a particular focus on collection, segregation and recovery services.
We provide services to domestic and commercial customers throughout the country, operating through a network of waste transfer centres focused on specific local markets.
Our Resource Recovery Business Unit currently wish to recruit a Plant Manager. The position will be based in Donore Road and will report to the Area Manager.
- Day to day supervision and management of the Donore Road waste tyre processing facility.
- Plant Performance; Ensure daily and weekly reporting of processing and production KPIs is completed, with recovery plans developed and implemented for any variances versus targets.
- Monitor for process improvements on an ongoing basis, and implement as required. Implement 5S and LEAN actiivities as required, across the plant.
- Monitor day to day work activities to ensure that works are planned and conducted efficiently.
- Responsible for planning and prioritising plant projects in line with agreed activity schedules.
- Supply Chain; Develop and implement procedures to ensure there is sufficient and consistent intake of incoming waste tyre feedstocks.
- Ensure feedstock and production activities are modified as required to meet demand on time for facility output.
- Compliance; Ensure all work activities on-site are risk assessed, with clear method statements, measures, and procedures for managing risks. Ensure regular program of Toolbox Talks, Learn from Events, etc. are developed and implemented (includes BnM employees, contractors and visitors to site, and third parties delivering waste and removing product).
- Ensure waste acceptance and product movement procedures are developed and implemented. Ensure facility permit compliance procedures (effluent, emergency response, etc.) are developed and implemented.
- Plant Maintenance; Ensure plant maintenance program is developed and implemented, with all fixed and mobile assets clearly identified. Manage roll-out of Assetminder through the facility as the tool for monitoring and logging maintenance activities.
- Responsible for development and up-skilling of maintenance employees as required. Ensure stock management procedures for spare parts is developed and implemented.
- Safety and Training; Ensure that all employees working on-site have received all relevant training. Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety. Ensure that all procedures are followed on site at all times.
- Ensure that all training, equipment, facility, and processing documentation is stored in one central location that can be easily accessed in the event of a visit to site by the HSA, EPA, local authority, or any other regulatory authority.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Experience in waste processing or manufacturing facility a distinct advantage.
- 2-3 years’ in a similar role.
- Have a high degree of commitment and must be flexible to work across different work sections within the Donore Road facility.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application. Visit http://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/application-process-at-bord-na-mona/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click the “Apply” on the job on our Intranet or enter the following link on your own personal computer:
Closing date for applications 11th October 2017
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer