ESB IT Graduate Development Programme
Who we are
At the heart of ESB is our IT Services team.
We design, deliver and support ESB's extensive IT landscape through innovative IT solutions. Our team of almost 600 IT Professionals operates one of the most technologically advanced IT and telecommunications infrastructures in the country, supporting hundreds of 3rd party, custom and cloud applications, websites and many largescale enterprise systems. We have one of the largest IT spends in the country, delivering a large number of multi-million euro projects each year.
Our IT Graduate Development Programme
Joining ESB's IT Services team, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team where you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a fast-paced, innovative team environment. Our IT Graduate Development Programme is structured into three distinct career paths where you will be able to grow professionally, as well as develop the necessary skills to help you on your way to career success. Depending on your career aspirations, personal preferences, prior work experiences and educational background, you can focus your career in the following career paths:
A Functional career path in ESB focuses on designing, building and supporting system solutions for our complex, multifaceted businesses.
Our functional roles operate as the gateway between understanding business requirements and their implementation on our IT systems. A combination of business and configuration skills is required in this customer facing whole which comprises of both project and support work.
Our Project Management career path will provide you with essential methodologies, tools and processes to manage projects, balanced with hands-on project experience.
Project management skills are all about delivering projects on time and to budget. With many different roles within each project, these roles offer a variety of challenges in delivering projects to meet the constantly growing business requirements.
Our Technical career path will provide you with the opportunity to work on our advanced IT systems and applications - anything from servers to mobile applications, or data analytics to collaboration.
The building blocks upon which change is implemented, technical roles off the chance to work with emerging technologies to both develop and future proof our IT systems. This is typically range from custom development through to infrastructure support to the expanding disciplines of data science, IoT and BI.
Typical roles: Functional Analysts
(Finance, HR, Billing, CRM, Procurement, Work Management, Asset Management)
Typical roles: PO Lead, Change Management, Process Design, Business Analysts, Test Analysts.
Typical roles: Application Development,
Business Intelligence, Data Science,
Technology Architecture, End User Computing, Infrastructure, Database Management.
Our bespoke IT Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Structured Rotations - Our graduate programme is typically structured into rotations where you will build your IT and business knowledge through challenging assignments, exposure to our business units and diverse range of business activities, and the opportunity to work on one of our major projects.
- Learning & Development - Central to our programme is your learning and development. Structured training modules, on-the-job learning and work-shadowing are complemented with personal development programmes and supports designed to help you grow professionally and personally.
- Performance Orientated - At the start of each of your rotations, you will agree with your line manager the goals of the assignment and put in place the steps to help achieve them. Ongoing one-to-one conversations and management reviews will ensure that you are constantly working towards achieving your professional status and position you for a career with ESB.
- Supportive Working Environment - In addition to your immediate support network of Line Manager, Middle Manager, Team Colleagues and Graduate Peers, you will also be assigned a Buddy and a Mentor. The role of the Buddy to help you settle in during the early days of your employment, while the Mentor supports you over the entire term of the programme to guide you on your career and provide advice on your rotations.
- Social Networking - Over the last few years our graduates have been involved in all sorts of Sports and Social activities. Anything from Tag Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and GAA, to language classes, team building challenges, charity work and graduate social events. Our clubs, societies and networks are a great way to build your contacts and of course make new connections.
In return you will enjoy our many benefits including a competitive graduate salary and a comprehensive benefits package built on the four pillars of reward, career, community and wellbeing.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your IT career with ESB as an IT Professional.
So, if you are looking to develop your IT career in any of the Functional, Technical or Project Management career paths, then ESB's IT Graduate Development Programme is the place for you.
ESB's IT Services team are primarily based in of ESB's Head Office, Dublin 3, but depending on your assignment you may also be based at one of our other offices in Dublin 2 or Dublin 9 for a period of time.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in IT, Computer Sciences, Business Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Finance or an equivalent course where IT was a component.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with the ability to learn quickly.
Your CV should be no longer than 2 pages and clearly outline the following:
- Title of your Degree, and Masters (if applicable)
- Your 3rd year results to date
- Your final year subjects
- The title of your Final Year project
- Any relevant work experience
- A contact telephone number (please ensure a voicemail function is activated on your phone)