ESB Business Graduate Development Programme
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our Business Graduate Programme. If you are due to graduate in 2018, or have graduated in the last two years and are looking to develop your career in an exciting and fast-paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
The programme will focus on developing your ability to problem solve, think critically, understand the balance between value and risk and to build your decision making capability. The programme also develops effective communication and influencing skills, the building blocks of effective negotiation - critical to succeeding as a commercial business leader.
At ESB the opportunities and the experience for business graduates are both diverse and exciting. Can you imagine yourself developing the products that attract a retain customers, enabling ESB to maintain and grow market share in a highly competitive market place? How about sitting across the table negotiating a multi-million Euro contract with multi-national suppliers? Could you convince policy and decision makers that your proposal is sustainable and is in the best interest of the taxpayer? Our graduate programme will help you to build these skills and start your business career in a dynamic, innovative workplace.
Our bespoke Business Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Structured Rotations - Our graduate programme is typically structured into rotations where you will build your business knowledge through challenging assignments, exposure to our business units and diverse range of business activities, and the opportunity to work on one of our major projects.
- Learning & Development - Central to our programme is your learning and development. Structured training modules, on-the-job learning and work-shadowing are complemented with personal development programmes and supports designed to help you grow professionally and personally.
- Performance Orientated - At the start of each of your rotations, you will agree with your line manager the goals of the assignment and put in place the steps to help achieve them. Ongoing one-to-one conversations and management reviews will ensure that you are constantly working towards achieving your professional status and position you for a career with ESB.
- Supportive Working Environment - In addition to your immediate support network of Line Manager, Middle Manager, Team Colleagues and Graduate Peers, you will also be assigned a Buddy and a Mentor. The role of the Buddy to help you settle in during the early days of your employment, while the Mentor supports you over the entire term of the programme to guide you on your career and provide advice on your rotations.
- Social Networking - Over the last few years our graduates have been involved in all sorts of Sports and Social activities. Anything from Tag Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and GAA, to language classes, team building challenges, charity work and graduate social events. Our clubs, societies and networks are a great way to build your contacts and of course make new connections.
In return you will enjoy our many benefits including a competitive graduate salary and a comprehensive benefits package built on the four pillars of reward, career, community and wellbeing.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your career with ESB as a Business Professional.
So, if you are looking to develop your Business career in a large, successful Irish company employing over 7,600 people and supplying 1.4m customers, then ESB's Business Graduate Development Programme is the place for you.
As a Business Graduate, you will be primarily based in of ESB's Head Office, Dublin 3, but depending on your assignment you may also be based at one of our other offices in Dublin 2 or Dublin 9 for a period of time.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) a minimum 2.1 Honours Business Degree or equivalent
- You need good communication skills, excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Be innovative in your approach and able to demonstrate your ability to actively contribute to your team
Your CV should be no longer than 2 pages and clearly outline the following:
- Title of your Degree, and Masters (if applicable)
- Your 3rd year results to date
- Your final year subjects
- The title of your Final Year project
- Any relevant work experience
- A contact telephone number (please ensure a voicemail function is activated on your phone)