ESB Marketing Graduate Development Programme
Who we are
ESB is Ireland's foremost energy company. We have been supplying power to industry, communities and individuals for 90 years. Through innovation, expertise and investment, we are leading the way in developing smart and sustainable energy systems to meet the demands of modern life, both at home and overseas, making us a vital part of building a brighter, more sustainable future.
Electric Ireland is the customer facing business unit of ESB and Ireland's leading energy supply brand, supplying electricity, gas and energy services to approximately 1.4 million customers in Ireland. With over 1.4 million customers, both Residential and Business in an All-Ireland market and annual turnover in excess of €2 BN, it is the main customer interface for the ESB Group.
Electric Ireland operates in a very competitive and dynamic market place which continues to evolve and present new challenges. Electric Irelands stated vision is to be the No.1 energy supplier leading in the delivery of smart and innovative solutions to Irish homes and business
Our Marketing Development Programme
As a Marketing Graduate you will work in Electric Ireland, one of Ireland's most recognised brands. Electric Ireland's Marketing team is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing plans to support the achievement of brand and business goals. The team provides a full suite of award winning marketing initiatives including the development and implementation of marketing plans, ABL and BTL communications, PR, sponsorship, event management, digital marketing and stakeholder engagement. Successful candidates will be rotated across our Marketing, Sponsorship and Digital Marketing functions, offering an exciting opportunity to work across the full spectrum of marketing and communications activities at Ireland's leading Energy Company.
Our bespoke Marketing Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Structured Rotations - Our graduate programme is typically structured into 3 rotations where you will build your Marketing and business knowledge through challenging assignments, exposure to our business units and diverse range of business activities, and the opportunity to work on one of our major projects and sponsorships.
- Learning & Development - Central to our programme is your learning and development. Structured training modules, on-the-job learning and work-shadowing are complemented with personal development programmes and supports designed to help you grow professionally and personally.
- Performance Orientated - At the start of each of your rotations, you will agree with your line manager the goals of the assignment and put in place the steps to help achieve them. Ongoing one-to-one conversations and management reviews will ensure that you are constantly working towards achieving your professional status and position you for a career with ESB.
- Supportive Working Environment - In addition to your immediate support network of Line Manager, Middle Manager, Team Colleagues and Graduate Peers, you will also be assigned a Buddy and a Mentor. The role of the Buddy to help you settle in during the early days of your employment, while the Mentor supports you over the entire term of the programme to guide you on your career and provide advice on your rotations.
- Social Networking - Over the last few years our graduates have been involved in all sorts of Sports and Social activities. Anything from Tag Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and GAA, to language classes, team building challenges, charity work and graduate social events. Our clubs, societies and networks are a great way to build your contacts and of course make new connections.
In return you will enjoy our many benefits including a competitive graduate salary and a comprehensive benefits package built on the four pillars of reward, career, community and wellbeing.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your career with ESB as a Marketing Professional.
So, if you are looking to develop your Marketing career in a vibrant and dynamic marketing department representing a leading Irish brand, then ESB's Marketing Graduate Development Programme is the place for you.
Electric Ireland's marketing team are primarily based in Electric Ireland's Head Office, Santry, Dublin 9, but depending on your assignment you may also be based at ESB's Head Office in Dublin 3 for a period of time.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in a business or marketing discipline
- You need to be able to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyse and document information
- You need excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong organisational and administrative skills
- Be a self-starter with a passion for digital and social media and high levels of creativity, enthusiasm, commitment and energy
Your CV should be no longer than 2 pages and clearly outline the following:
- Title of your Degree, and Masters (if applicable)
- Your 3rd year results to date
- Your final year subjects
- The title of your Final Year project
- Any relevant work experience
- A contact telephone number (please ensure a voicemail function is activated on your phone)