ESB HR Graduate Development Programme
Who we are
ESB is Ireland's foremost energy company. We have been supplying power to industry, communities and individuals for 90 years. Through innovation, expertise and investment, we are leading the way in developing smart and sustainable energy systems to meet the demands of modern life, both at home and overseas, making us a vital part of building a brighter, more sustainable future.
At the heart of ESB is our HR Professionals.
Our People are the key to our success as an organisation and our HR function plays a fundamental part in ensuring we attract, retain and develop the best talent. ESB's HR Graduate Development Programme allows you to build your HR expertise by working in a number of different specialist areas across our dynamic HR function, which provides a full range of HR services to our 7,600 employees.
Our HR Graduate Development Programme
Joining ESB's HR function, you will be part of a highly motivated and skilled team where you will have the opportunity to deliver results in a fast-paced, innovative team environment. Our HR Graduate Development Programme will allow you to grow professionally, as well as develop the necessary skills to help you on your way to career success. As part of our HR Graduate Development Programme you will be given the opportunity to complete rotations in a number of areas across the HR function including Reward, Performance Management, Recruitment & Selection and Resource Assurance.
Reward- Your assignment in Reward will provide you with a clear and practical understanding of ESB's new Reward Model and how it is implemented across the organisation.
Performance Management- Your assignment in Performance will provide you with a clear and practical understanding of Performance Management at ESB.
Resource Assurance- Your assignment in Resourcing will provide you with a clear understanding and practical involvement in Strategic Resourcing for ESB.
Recruitment & Selection- Your assignment with Recruitment & Selection in BSC will provide you with a clear and practical hands-on experience of the entire Recruitment processes for ESB.
Our bespoke HR Graduate Development Programme includes:
- Structured Rotations - Our graduate programme is typically structured into a number of rotations where you will build your HR and business knowledge through challenging assignments, exposure to our business units and diverse range of business activities.
- Learning & Development - Central to our programme is your learning and development. Structured training modules, on-the-job learning and work-shadowing are complemented with personal development programmes and supports designed to help you grow professionally and personally.
- Performance Orientated - At the start of each of your rotations, you will agree with your line manager the goals of the assignment and put in place the steps to help achieve them. Ongoing one-to-one conversations and management reviews will ensure that you are constantly working towards achieving your professional status and position you for a career with ESB.
- Supportive Working Environment - In addition to your immediate support network of Line Manager, Middle Manager, Team Colleagues and Graduate Peers, you will also be assigned a Buddy and a Mentor. The role of the Buddy to help you settle in during the early days of your employment, while the Mentor supports you over the entire term of the programme to guide you on your career and provide advice on your rotations.
- Social Networking - Over the last few years our graduates have been involved in all sorts of Sports and Social activities. Anything from Tag Rugby, Cricket, Soccer and GAA, to language classes, team building challenges, charity work and graduate social events. Our clubs, societies and networks are a great way to build your contacts and of course make new connections.
In return you will enjoy our many benefits including a competitive graduate salary and a comprehensive benefits package built on the four pillars of reward, career, community and wellbeing.
Most importantly you will have a strong base to build your career with ESB as a HR Professional.
So, if you are looking to develop your HR career in a large, dynamic HR department of a leading Irish company employing over 7,600 people, then ESB's HR Graduate Development Programme is the place for you.
ESB's HR professionals are primarily based in of ESB's Head Office, Dublin 3, but depending on your assignment you may also be based at one of our other offices in Dublin 2 or Dublin 9 for a period of time.
What We Look For?
- You should have (or be working towards) a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree in HR, Business, Psychology or an equivalent course where HR was a component.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with the ability to learn quickly.
Your CV should be no longer than 2 pages and clearly outline the following:
- Title of your Degree, and Masters (if applicable)
- Your 3rd year results to date
- Your final year subjects
- The title of your Final Year project
- Any relevant work experience
- A contact telephone number (please ensure a voicemail function is activated on your phone)