Property Claims Handler Role Profile – Wexford Zurich Overview: We are part of the worldwide Zurich Insurance Group, established in 1872 and headquartered in Switzerland. Our 55,000 employees acr...
Property Claims Handler Role Profile – Wexford
We are part of the worldwide Zurich Insurance Group, established in 1872 and headquartered in Switzerland. Our 55,000 employees across the globe serve customers in more than 170 countries, from individuals who need their homes, cars or lives insured, to providing risk management expertise and commercial insurance to many of the largest multinational companies on the planet.
Our industry is a dynamic and fast-moving one, helping people and businesses keep pace with change, and the risks which emerge, on a global scale.
Here in Ireland, we’re one of the largest insurers in the country, employing more than 1,000 people in locations in Dublin and Wexford. We have a great reputation in the marketplace here, with a long history of winning awards for our service excellence among brokers and customers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to grow their career within claims - managing property damage claims in the effective, efficient way whilst delivering a customer centric claims service.
The successful candidate will work in the Claims Team based in Zurich Centre, Wexford.
Role & Responsibilities:
Technical Skills & Knowledge & Education: Required:
- Administers, investigates and is responsible for settlement of small to medium property damage claims
- Negotiates fair settlement in line with Company standards
- Liaises with Customers, Brokers, Service Providers, Third Party Tradesmen and Claimants by telephone and by written correspondence
- Reviews, evaluates and proactively finalises claims within authority limits
- Acquires and efficiently organises the relevant evidence and information to accurately assess the value of the claim and to recognise potential fraud/recovery indicators
- Adheres to local regulatory and governance requirements throughout the life of the claim
- Refers to customer specific claims handling protocol and/or customer proposition service charter to ensure that we understand and fulfil the needs and expectations of our customers
- Works as part of a team focused on the achievement of challenging service levels with customer centricity crucial to all processes.
- Gets involved in project or adhoc duties to support management
- A minimum of 2 honours in Higher Level subjects in the Leaving Certificate or Third Level Qualification (minimum Diploma Standard) or equivalent industry qualification
- Applicants should hold or have the desire to pursue a Certificate in Insurance Practice (CII). In recognition of this, a comprehensive study support package will be provided
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognise and understand appropriate legislative regulations
- Working at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory compliance
- High level IT and administration skills
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar claims role of between 1- 3 years or have experience working in a construction type discipline.
- Strong customer service skills focused on the delivery of quality customer service
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a particular requirement for high quality telephony skills
- Is able to work within a team environment focused on the achievement of both individual and team goals
- Has an innovative approach to work, training and problem solving
- Is able to multi-task
- Is enthusiastic and flexible approach that includes the ability to self-motivate
- Demonstrates quick learning capabilities and an aptitude for understanding the variable elements of insurance products
- Demonstrates problem solving ability
- Is able to prioritise and work to deadlines