Astellas Ireland has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced management accountant to work within the pharmaceutical industry. This is a permanent position with an excellent benefits package on offer.
Astellas Ireland Company Ltd (AICL) is owned by Astellas Pharmaceutical Inc., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company, headquartered in Tokyo, with operations in Europe, Asia, North America and Japan.
The Company develops and markets pharmaceuticals which provide the promise of a healthier life to people across the world. With global sales of over $11 billion, Astellas is Japan’s second largest pharmaceutical company employing over 17,000 people.
Located in Dublin 15, Astellas Ireland Dublin Plant is a bulk pharmaceutical facility manufacturing APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) for export worldwide. The Dublin operation was established in 1987 and since then it has had significant, and continuing, investment in plant, technology and personnel.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) to join our Finance Team as a Management Accountant. This is a permanent position with an excellent benefits package and it offers exciting developmental opportunities for the successful candidate.
Job Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Manager (Corporate Planning & Reporting)
Business Partnering & Operational Excellence
- Act as Finance Business Partner to the Astellas Dublin manufacturing site by:
- Providing support for effective accountability and cost management by budget holders
- Developing business knowledge and relationships and provide relevant analysis and insight to support and influence decisions.
- Looking for potential opportunities to capitalise on by being pro-active, out in the business, asking questions and providing constructive challenge.
- Finance representative for site Operational Excellence programme including:
- Working closely with other departments to develop and support new cost reduction and efficiency initiatives
- Involvement in department and site wide improvement projects and development of systems
- Support and input into departmental PSQDC boards as required.
Cost Accounting and Reporting
- Responsibility for Sales, Product Costing & Inventory Management for API products manufactured at AICL (Astellas Ireland Co., Ltd.) Dublin Plant.
- Develop thorough understanding of production cost base for AICL Dublin Plant and produce regular reporting to management on cost base performance
- Co-ordinate regular warehouse stocktakes & ensure stocks accurately reflected in the accounts
- Monthly Dublin Plant Reporting including
- Calculation and analysis of monthly product costs & variances (from SAP)
- Calculation and analysis of all stock values on site (materials, work in progress and finished goods), including review of NRV and other stock provisioning as required
- Monthly reporting of sales, cost of sales, stocks for external and internal report requirements.
- Maintenance of appropriate general ledger accounts
- Maintenance of appropriate price adjustment / reimbursement accruals re sales
- Maintenance of all costing issues within SAP
- Labour cost reporting
- Overhead reporting and variance analysis
- Ad hoc product costing reports and analysis as required
- Responsibility for relevant monthly and quarterly CSO, Revenue and Customs returns.
- SAP CO Subject Matter Expert for AICL Dublin Plant and AICL Kerry Plant, driving improvements and alignment in processes across both plants.
- Provide support to AICL Kerry Plant, including acting as SAP Subject Matter Expert, support to local Operational Excellence programme and involvement in any local or cross site projects as required.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Preparation of sales, product costs, stocks information, conversion costs for inclusion in AICL 5 year strategic plan, annual budget and interim forecasts.
- Review of stock reports for off-site stockholdings of Licensed Products & ensure stocks accurately reflected in the accounts
- Liaison with other departments in budget preparation.
- Ensure compliance with JSOX requirements
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with cGMP, ISO 14001, EMAS, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and also all site standards, policies, and procedures.
- Other issues and project work as directed by the Finance Manager (Corporate Planning & Reporting)
Qualifications / education required:
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
Experience & aptitudes required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Accounting environment
- Detailed knowledge of SAP, including FI/CO. SD & MM modules
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good knowledge and practical experience of product costing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organising
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Flexible and team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- This position will require the ability to travel, when required.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive but highlights the key functions of the position. This job description may be amended to reflect corporate policy and the goals and objectives of the company.