Senior Analyst, Depositary Operations
- The role is within Depositary Operations helping to ensure that Northern Trust fulfils its oversight responsibilities under the Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive (AIFMD) & UCITS Directives.
- The primary responsibilities will be in the areas of “Cash Flow Monitoring”& “Valuation Oversight”. This includes review of significant and inconsistent transactions recorded on a fund, oversight of cash and stock reconciliations performed by fund accounting, approval of performance fees and other oversight functions as required under valuation oversight.
- Review of fund accounting cash reconciliations to custody ;
- Review significant transactions/cash flows and determine if they are consistent with the fund;
- Review of the units in issue reconciliation performed by fund accounting against transfer agency records;
- Review of fund accounting stock reconciliations to custody, prime broker or external valuation reports ;
- Various tasks associated with valuation oversight including but not limited to fee review & nav calculation review;
- Review & approval of performance fees;
- Ensuring reporting requirements for both internal and external clients are produced on a monthly basis.
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external parties
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
- Ability to deal with complex issues & good problem solving skills
- Can work to procedures as designed and identify gaps
- Ability to assist in testing new processes or system developments
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Some funds knowledge ideally with time spent working in fund accounting
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management