Mobile Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Required - Leinster Region
Mobile Mechanical Maintenance Technician - HVAC - Required
Location: Leinster Region
This role requires you to work as part of a team of multi-skilled facility technicians, carrying out remedial works and maintenance services on a portfolio of buildings. Various reactive and remedial works are required to maintain the plant operational and compliant with industry standards. As part of the role, you may be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota from time-to-time.
Helpdesk and PPM
- Safely maintain and repair facility plant and equipment
- Act proactively to identify reactive and remedial maintenance work and ensure all tasks are logged with the helpdesk.
- Be proactive and take ownership of issues and understand systems and plant.
- Carry out diagnostic and fault finding to plant and equipment
- Ensure that assets registers are maintained up-to-date.
- Submit change requests for new assets.
- Provide innovation and engage in continuous improvement.
- Develop detailed knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements.
- Ensure compliance with PPM and Reactive Task S.L.A’s.
- Carry out electrical, mechanical and building services activities as assigned across portfolio. (Mutli-Skilled Technician role)
- Comply with and implement existing business risk management procedures.
- Ensure effective use and maintenance of O&M’s and quality procedures.
- Ensure statutory and non-statutory logs are kept up to date
- Participate in Out-Of-Hour and On-Call Rota process.
- Implement and monitor small engineering projects as required.
Client / Customer / Line Manager
- Act professionally at all times with the client and customer as a representative of Mitie.
- Support, develop and communicate best working practice.
- Adopt a pro–active approach to customer liaison and ensure any concerns are dealt with promptly or relayed to line management.
- Undertake works as directed by line supervisor or manager.
- Ensure that business critical engineering plant down time is minimised.
- Respond in a timely manner to verbal and written requests.
- Manage 3rd party contractors ensuring they are site inducted and work to the site work permit system and procedures.
- Refrigeration FETAC Level 6
- Refrigeration minor repairs and servicing
- Knowledge and previous experience of facility systems.
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance and repair of Split AC, VRV systems, Fan Coil units, Air Handling systems, boilers and pumping systems.
- City & guild qualification in HVAC
- Health and Safety, Industry best practice and knowledge of electrical standards
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem solver and fault finding ability
- Organised and methodical with the ability to multi-task.
- High attention to detail, compliance and service report writing.
- Approachable team player, able to work on own initiative and with colleagues and clients alike
- Experience in computer PPM maintenance systems such as Maximo is desirable.
- Familiar with mobile technology, computer literate with experience in Word and Excel spread sheets.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.