Compass Group Ireland are currently recruiting for a Executive Head Chef for a corporate city centre client
Compass Group Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises.Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.
Overall Purpose of the Role
To plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the Company’s reputation for food quality is enhanced with the clients and customers. Responsible for compliance of Health, Safety,
Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.
Client Sales and Marketing
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client
- Take an active part in any unit sales promotions and make suggestions to help increase sales
- Ensure your teams support and drive sales by implementing central marketing promotion
Consumer Sales and Marketing
- To deal with customer requests promptly and politely
- Listen to customer comments and deal with them as appropriate or pass on to a more senior member of staff to ensure prompt follow up action is taken
Cost of Food
- To ensure portion control, correct preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- Plan and cost weekly menus, special events and hospitality requests ensuring that they achieve and maintain budgeted food costs if centrally driven offers are not available
- Ensure all ordering is carried out using nominated suppliers, stock is maintained at appropriate levels
- Ensure weekly stocktaking is carried out
Health & Safety
- Complete the One Compass Welcome prior to the commencement of employment.
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or what they fail to do.
- Receive, read and understand the contents of the Employee Handbook
- Complete elearning and to attend training provided.
- Implement all relevant HSE procedures within the unit and review them as appropriate.
- Ensure that all HSE incidents are correctly reported and investigated with relevant reviews of work procedures.
- Ensure that all appropriate HSE information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees within your control to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively.
- Maintain up to date training records for all employees under your control.
- Consult with employees under your control, other contractors sharing the site and Clients on HSE matters.
- Implement the requirements of HSE campaigns that are initiated to improve HSE performance.