Sr Principal Software Engineer
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Sr. Principal Software Engineer – Cloud Data Protection
What you will be doing:
- Architect, design and develop next generation enterprise solutions to protect and manage cloud applications and data
- Support development and growth of technical staff and build out of a new R&D team in Dublin location
- Lead by example to establish a fast-paced agile development environment that is driven to understand and solve real world customer and market problems
- Lead a culture of team ownership and direct individual and team accountability to continuously improve how they work and achieve results
- Drive accountability for test driven development and delivery of high quality and resilient enterprise class solutions
- Collaborate with product management and other cross functional leads and teams on both technical and business strategy to shape the future product roadmap
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, MS preferred
- Proven relevant industry experience
- Experience developing and deploying scalable multi-tenant solutions on one or more leading public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud)
- Proven track record delivering full stack enterprise class applications (preferably Java / REST)
- Strong background in agile based development methodologies and driving a culture of team accountability
- Experience architecting and delivering microservice based solutions with continuous integration and delivery
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Specific toolchain experience in: JIRA, BitBucket, Jenkins, Gradle, Grunt, Cmake, Puppet, Pyinstaller, RPM/yum
- Knowledge of secure coding best practices, cloud security, and threat modeling
- Experience with transactional API based delivery of business capabilities
- Experience with SQL (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase) applications
- Knowledge of IaaS/PaaS in public cloud environments
- Experience delivering microservice based solutions with continuous integration and delivery into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Experience with container based technologies like Dockers, Kubernetes and Swarm
- UI Development Expertise in: Angular 2+, Bootstrap, HTML/CSS