An exciting opportunity to join an excellent food company, this is an ideal role for an enthusiastic & ambitious Assistant Head of Production for a highly successful FMCG manufacturing facility based in the midlands.Contact Ray on 01 8788240
Production Manager - Midlands
An exciting opportunity to join an excellent food company, this is an ideal role for an enthusiastic & ambitious Assistant Head of Production for a highly successful FMCG manufacturing facility based in the midlands.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the management team of an excellent food company.
Report to the Head of Production you will be responsible for all aspects of production within a state of the art manufacturing facility.
You will be required to drive continuous improvement and production efficiencies whilst maintaining quality and health and safety standards.
- Day-to- day effective management of production, ensuring goods are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To ensure a safe, well maintained production area operating in accordance with company standards for quality, costs, efficiency, safety, security and housekeeping.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving process improvements and provide resources to assist team members in overcoming issues and streamlining work processes.
- Establish performance targets for the Production unit and monitor and report on all results. Including; improvement of production goals, cost reduction efforts, inventory status, process improvements, employee engagement and other topics of critical interest.
- Lead and develop the capability and performance of your team by promoting and encouraging all employees to deliver a quality product on a consistent basis while always maintaining a positive working environment.
- Assist the NPD team with all new product development implementation.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing and improvements.
- While working closely with the Planning Manager to ensure forecasted production volume is delivered on time, within specified quality/quantity and at optimum cost in line with our manufacturing results.
- Capacity planning across labour, machines and manufacturing capability.
- Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Identifying and introducing new technologies and process improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement philosophy within the Business.
- Forecast material requirements ensuring minimum stock levels to meet current and future customer demand.
- Improve processes, policies and procedures in support of business goals and objectives.
- Provide coaching for all employees in order to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied and maintained.
- Drive and implement our performance management procedure and subsequently empower your team to continuously improve and develop.
- Devise and implement initiatives that will increase productivity and employee motivation.
- Actively promote company culture, mission and values.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Lean Experience desirable.
- Proven people management ability.
- Ambitious & highly motivated individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Apply now via link below or contact Ray Powell, Senior Consultant at 01 8788240 for a confidential discussion.
As always, all applications are treated in strict confidence.