We are looking to recruit a smart, savvy and confident individual currently operating as a HR Administrator but eager to take on more responsibilities to expand their career development. This is a 8 Month Fixed Term Contract to cover Maternity Leave commencing in November 2017 to July 2018..
8 Months Fixed Term Contract
Maternity Cover - Commencing in November 2017 to July 2018
We are looking to recruit a smart, savvy and confident individual currently operating as a HR Administrator but eager to take on more responsibilities to expand their career development. The Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for the day to day human resources activities and general HR services.
- To ensure that correspondence and documentation in relation to new or existing employees is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To record and update all current employees hard and soft copy personnel files.
- All HR related administration, documentation and recording of training.
- Deal with day to day Human Resources queries from employees and management
- Ensure consistent implementation of contracts of employment and employee terms and conditions
- To assist in producing HR management information, statistics and report within agreed time frames
- To develop and maintain effective relationship across the organisation with staff at all levels.
- Co-ordinate all head office recruitment and all other sites where required.
- Manage disciplinary/grievance hearings in areas such as general misconduct, gross misconduct, absence management, punctuality, performance, etc.
- Advice and guidance to managers on attendance, ill health/absence management
- Interpret, implement and answer enquiries related to HR policies and procedures, while ensuring consistency and reinforcing adherence as appropriate.
- Maintain a proactive approach to anticipating employee issues and concerns.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all aspects of employment legislation
- Work with Health & Safety Management to ensure that objectives are being met and appropriate actions formulated to address.
- Other HR-related responsibilities as required by the business
- Third level qualification in HRM and / or CIPD qualification
- Must have a minimum of 3 years solid HR Experience in particular familiarity with recruitment, absenteeism and disciplinary management)
- Ideally experience of a unionised environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrates the flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Organizes and prioritizes resources and activities in an efficient manner
- Working knowledge of HR legislation & best practices.
- Ability to 'think on their feet', work under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
- High ability to manage change effectively, display initiative and follow through on development of ideas.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and deal with low and high level issues.
- Willinginess to traveling to other company locations in Cork & Galway is required
- PC literate - Microsoft Office
No requirement for agency assistance.