My Client currently have a requirement for an Electrical commissioning & qualification (C&Q) Engineer based in Louth. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing C&Q documentation for a set of systems and is expected to serve as the technical expert of these systems. The Electrical commissioning & qualification engineer will be primarily responsible for providing input into all aspects of C&Q i.e. from design through to commissioning and qualification completion. They will be required also to support and participate in the design of systems and equipment to ensure they comply with client requirements.
As a member of the overall Engineering team, the Electrical commissioning & qualification (C&Q) Engineer will provide support on engineering projects that have an electrical engineering content. The successful will be responsible for:
Generation, review and approval of commissioning protocols.
Execution of the system commissioning protocols, Installation & Operation Qualification protocols, Process Qualification protocols (where applicable) following client guidelines.
- Supervise mechanical and electrical contractors.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by enforcing procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Review and approve documents prepared by contractor organisations (e.g. vendor SAT’s, FAT’s, commissioning protocols, project change controls).
- Compile relevant documentation from vendors, contractors, and other departments for inclusion in protocols / reports.
- Complete activities / deliverables in accordance with each project specification
- Track and support the resolution of commissioning punch list items and Qualification deviations during the C&Q execution phase.
- Currently this involves electrical heating on pressure vessels outers plus control panels, electrical fit out of containerised onshore electrical power modules, offshore workshops, offshore laboratories and refrigeration systems for containers. The role is to provide technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards, to meet both client and company expectations.
- The Electrical commissioning & qualification (C&Q) Engineer will be involved in developing designs from concept through to the manufacturing stage:
- Prepare and circulate the protocols and reports through the documentation system for review and approval and work with the relevant approves to ensure all comments are addressed.
- Execute documentation for qualification of systems, equipment & manufacturing processes, protocols and reports.
- Operate according to SOPs developed for validated manufacturing operations and specification compliance.
- SOP development and qualifications
- Liaising with clients and other disciplines to successfully complete projects
- Producing briefs, specifications, design drawings, survey work and technical report writing
- Creating project plans and managing to successful on-time completion
- Qualified Electrician (Level 6)
- 3-5 years’ C&Q experience in similar engineering role/industry
- Electrical design expertise
- Demonstrated team work abilities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Project management skills
- Experience managing electrical contractors
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services
- Knowledge & experience of current IS, BS, EN and IEC Standards
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with the offshore oil & gas industry
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related)
- Knowledge of ATEX requirements
- UL standards
- Panel building experience
- Familiarity with switchgear, UPS and AHU design
- Ideally cross trained in mechanical tasks