Hartley People - Senior Microbiologist - Permanent - Full time - Waterford
Our client, a pharmaceutical company are looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join their team. This is an opportunity to join an established company in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent opportunities for personal development.
- Comply at all times with Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedure.
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by challenging yourself and others to prioritize safety in everything you do.
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with GMP, GLP and regulatory standards and guidance.
- Ensure all work is documented in accordance with the highest GMP standards including maintenance of data integrity at all times.
- Introduction and validation of all Microbiology methods in house including but not limited to Environmental Monitoring, Identifications, Growth Promotion, Sterility, Endotoxin (rapid method), Microbial Limit Testing, Biological Indicators.
- Reading of plates, data review, trending.
- Assessment of trends and communication of findings to other departments.
- Raising and Investigation of out of specification results.
- Management of projects and testing contracted to external laboratories.
- Performance of laboratory sampling and testing.
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance on aseptic assurance, sterility assurance and trending as applicable to the production environment for the duration of the project and during routine operation.
- Participate in Operational Readiness for the duration of the project.
- Participate in risk assessments as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provide oversight during Media Fills.
- Provide support during production investigations.
- Provide support and back up to the Microbiology Manager and take on delegated tasks/projects as required.
- Qualified to a minimum of Degree level in Microbiology or Biological Sciences.
- Demonstrated experience in providing Microbiological support to a production facility.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce, validate and optimise QC methods.
- Demonstrated application of appropriate regulatory standards and previous participation in regulatory audits an advantage.
- Experience working in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microbiology as it applies to both QC and Fill Finish facilities.
- Ability to implement cGMP and GLP.
- Thorough understanding of Method Validation as it applies to Microbiology.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly.
Hartley People Recruitment work to the highest ethical standards within our industry and we value the trust that you place in us when you send your CV. We can provide a full consultation in confidence and we guarantee that your CV will not be sent to any of our clients without your prior consent.
For immediate consideration please call Pairic on 051-878813 or email your CV in response to this job posting.
Hartley People also recruit for similar roles such as Analytical Chemist, Quality Control Manager, Quality Control Technician, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Technician, New Product Development Manger, Quality Systems Manager, Formulation Scientist, Development Technologist.