Excellent opportunity to work as Senior Internal Auditor for a large, dynamic MNC and excellent potential for career progression.
Excellent opportunity to work as Senior Internal Auditor for a large, dynamic MNC and there is excellent potential for career progression.
Protect assets of the Group by planning and completing financial audits; identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; recommending improvements.
Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the execution of individual site audits across the group from planning to completion, the preparation of reports for submission to Board of Directors and Audit Committee and following up on proposed improvements and action plans.
Actively mentor financial graduates throughout their Internal Audit rotation.
- · Plan financial audits by understanding organisation objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- · Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- · Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluate manual and automated financial processes; identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues.
- · Verify assets and liabilities through analysis, comparison of items to systems and all relevant supporting documentation.
- · Prepare complete paperless Audit File which will included detailed Audit Working Papers, Notes to File and copies of all relevant supporting documentation.
- · Ongoing communication of audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports to both the Head of Internal Audit and appropriate site management personnel.
- · Strengthen controls by recommending changes in operational and management processes.
- · Support Head of Internal Audit in the provision of information to the external auditors as and when required.
- · Provide financial control information through the collection, analysis, and summarisation of data, identifying trends and areas warranting further investigation.
- · Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organisation; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- · Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA,) with excellent technical audit and accounting skills and a proven track record of engaging with and reporting to Senior Executives. Experience in working with manufacturing and food processing companies would be an advantage but not a requirement. Key necessary attributes also include excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), attention to detail, integrity, professionalism and objectivity.