Territory Manager - Pharmacy - Midlands/West
45-60k + Car + Pension
My client is currently seeking a Territory Manager to drive sales and profitability across a region by ensuring exceptional store standards. The territory manager should ensure stores are delivering compliance on all operational policies, procedures and targets.
Key to this role is to drive and deliver a 'best in class' retail proposition. This involves a hands-on approach to managing and coaching the Managing Pharmacist and the pharmacy team to improve their performance and deliver desired business outcomes. This role is commercially focused and requires exceptional people skills.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive sales, margin and return on space to agreed targets.
- Improves the overall commercial performance of both the Retail and Dispensary areas of the business.
- Deliver exceptional retail standards across your territory.
- Develop and motivate all pharmacy employees to deliver company expectation by giving direction and instruction where necessary.
- Ensure all new processes and procedures are implemented at store level.
- Build strong relationships with the pharmacy manager to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the pharmacy.
- Monitor and control all operational costs.
- Recruit the best possible applicants for your stores/ensure the best people are recruited by Franchisees.
- Develop staff to achieve their full potential, this include coaching and mentoring the pharmacy managers where applicable.
- Ensure weekly KPIs template is completed on time and accurately
- Identify exceptional performance where necessary and take the either the necessary remedial action or maximize the over performance.
- Develop robust and detail action plans for all stores covering all KPI's.
- Constantly analyzing the revenue drivers and exploring methods to improve them in each pharmacy providing end to end solutions.
- Applies improvements across all pharmacies in line with company policy.
- Ensure compliance to preferred supplier lists to maximize margin.
Operational Standards - Demands high basic store standards in line with the brand standards manual. These include:
- Merchandising and pricing.
- Staff appearance.
- Window displays and exterior appearance.
- Category Management plans.
- Organization and hygiene in all areas including the dispensary and storage areas.
- People Management
- Weekly payroll deadlines
- Supports the Superintendent Pharmacist / Group Superintendent in achieving the highest clinical standards and efficiency.
- Has a direct relationship with the key GP practices and Nursing Homes.
- Supports the implementation of new services sharing best practice and resources across their area.
- Ensure compliance to Generic targets and purchasing policies to ensure maximum margin for the pharmacy.
- Executes sound category management both macro and micro.
- Analyze category performance by pharmacy and instruct with Commercial team on opportunities to improve performance.
- Promotes the effective use of hot spots and promotional areas.
- Ensures the pharmacy windows are effectively and commercially employed.
- Ensure compliance with planograms and preferred suppliers
- Promotes customer engagement, maximizing sales opportunities.
- Promotes up-selling and link selling by the pharmacy team in line with training programs and quick reference aids
- Ensure correct execution of seasonal promotions.
- Ensures compliance with preferred retail pricing that maximizes margin, and considers product price sensitivity and local competitive factors.
- Provide feedback to commercial team on local competitive issues to exploit local opportunities.
Team Coaching and Development
- Focuses the MP and team on actions that will improve the profitability of the pharmacy by sharing best practice and ideas from other pharmacies and competitors.
- Influences effective delegation and planning by the MP in each pharmacy.
- Coaches the MP on managing team performance and addressing underperformance, liaising as necessary with HR.
- Ensures MP and key staff, attend all relevant training programs.
- Identifies recruitment needs proactively and develops a succession plan that moves the best talent into the key businesses.
- Directly involved with all pharmacy recruitment with each MP.
- Ensures that there is clarity for staff on their duties and the standards they must achieve. Ensures the MP leads by example at all times.
- Agrees pharmacy specific objectives on a rolling 3 month basis with the MP.
- Carries out annual appraisals within Company owned pharmacy when this scheme is introduced.
To apply please submit your CV online.