* Head of Legal
* Semi State
* Great work life balance
Our client, a Semi State organisation, has engaged the services of FRS to recruit for a Head of Legal position.
As a senior member of the Finance and Services team, this role will manage and provide advice on all conveyancing, property related and general commercial legal services to support the implementation of our client's strategy. This role will also provide legal support and advice to other divisions within the organisation in relation to property matters and strategic projects. This role will have a dotted line reporting relationship into the Group Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
Legal Team Management:
- Manage the legal team and ensure effective use of resources.
- Ensure robust objectives and development plans are in place for the team that support the business needs.
- Develop and implement legal team processes.
- Develop Legal Team KPI's that reflect the key priorities and track progress.
- Manage the relationship with the Lean Centre.
- Manage the allocation of work and fee agreements with external legal firms.
Property and Title Work:
- Manage the process of legally transferring property ownership and rights in connection with property transactions entered.
- Prepare relevant transactional documentation, contracts, options, leases, easements etc.
- Settle legal documents enabling efficient transfer of title and property rights.
- Provide legal support for all property transactions.
- Advise on a full range of property title and conveyancing issues.
- Provide direction and instruction to the Title Researcher.
Commercial Work & Advice:
- Provide professional legal services in connection with disputes.
- Provide advice and support in in relation to regulatory issues and approvals, company law and governance requirements.
- Procure external advices where required, and liaise and manage external legal advisers.
- Provide legal support to the Group Legal Counsel and Company Secretary in relation to Group strategic matters.
- Commercial: strong commercial awareness.
- Customer Focus: Thorough understanding of internal customer needs.
- Innovation: Openness to new ways of doings things, the ability to offer innovative solutions, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to Detail: Diligence and care in all tasks.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 10 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Legal team management experience.
- Specialist knowledge in property title and the conveyancing process.
- Proven experience in broader commercial matters.
- Basic Salary - €80K - €85K
- Bonus of up to 20%
- Employer Pension contribution - up to 12%
- 26 days holidays
- Life Cover
- Great work life balance