Corporate Actions, Section Manager (Limerick or Dublin)
- Reporting to a Fund Accounting Divisional Manager, the Section Manager is a senior managerial position responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of EMEA Corporate Action and Income Team. Located in Ireland, the responsibilities include: hiring, development, performance management, daily prioritization, achievement of business goals, and business planning and project management for a team of approximately 7 partners located in Ireland supporting Fund Accounting locations in EMEA and APAC.
- The successful candidate will work within an exciting, fast-paced and growing operations & Corporate Centre of Excellence environment, providing subject matter expertise to key groups and organizational projects and initiatives, interacting with various levels of management and cross functional business partners. They are also a key contributor to a positive workplace environment so they need to have a strong commitment to teamwork and shared success.
- Ability to lead independently and in a team environment under very stringent deadlines
Innovative – looks for new ways to improve current processes and develops creative solutions whilst ensuring that all processes have sufficient risk and compliance controls
- Provide strategic vision and long range tactical plans within unit to ensure culture of continuous process improvement supporting business growth and acquisitions
- Provide functional and technical area expertise, oversight, problem resolution, training, analysis and reporting as required across a variety of group responsibilities supporting event lifecycles for fund accounting teams based in EMEA and APAC
- Strong basis towards relationship management including internal and external client base. Work closely with peers in Fund Accounting and other NT service utilities to ensure urgent Corporate Actions related inquiries are resolved timely
- Sharp judgment and demonstrated ability to logically identify, isolate and resolve problems.
Lead projects in the development of corporate actions and income product solutions and represents the team on projects lead by business partners
- Ability to make decisions with limited/minimal oversight or guidance
- Work as part of a wider Fund Accounting Ireland team engaging with the Section Manager and Divisional Manager teams in Dublin, Limerick and India to seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the department
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills
- The ideal candidate will have managerial experience in the fund administration or other relevant financial services industry, preferably in fund accounting with proven track record of people management skills (hiring, training, motivating, managing)
- Detailed knowledge of corporate action event processing including fund manager solicitation, accounting, tax implications, regulatory conditions, financial impact of transactions, trading implications, global and domestic processing standards and overall life of a corporate action event. Strong Knowledge of all product types including but not limited to Stocks, Bonds, Options, Warrants, CFD’s, Rights through public and private deals
- Systems knowledge of InvestOne Enterprise, Vendor systems (Bloomberg, Reuters), and other fund accounting systems advantageous
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership and motivational skills are required.
- The ability to contribute to the overall department strategic, tactical and budget objectives and initiatives would be beneficial.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management