Claims Team Leader - Motor and Personal Injury
Claims Team Leader – Motor and Personal Injury
The Team Leader is responsible for the supervision and team management of claims handlers in the areas of Motor Claims. The role will serve as a referral point on queries, providing guidance and assistance on claims handling, operational issues, resource and performance management
- Manage and supervise a team to achieve operational targets.
- Managing the day to day organisation of the team to include the prioritisation of workloads
- Ensure continued focus on quality claims handling and controlling the cost of claims, while meeting customer expectations.
- Auditing quality of the team performance and providing feedback.
- Monitoring provisions and ensuring cost effective and timely resolution of claims.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, governance and quality standards including management of individuals CPD requirements.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to team members, identifying training needs and developing technical knowledge.
- Performance management of the team members and ensuring team are motivated and developed.
- Manage the activities and development of staff with an emphasis on performance improvement.
- Continually seeking process improvements in team performance, process efficiency and client service.
- Develop teamwork through team meetings, information sharing and improved communication.
- Work closely with Management in the development of the overall strategy of the team.
- Dealing with customer escalations and ensuring prompt resolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and monitor SLA targets for expert appraisers
- Authorise cheques in a timely manner.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Relevant professional and /or 3rd level qualification / Membership to Ill
- CIP qualification status held
- 8+ years' experience within claims in the General Insurance Industry.
- Experience in people management and leading effective teams.
- Deep knowledge of Motor claim technical requirements, regulatory and operational requirements related to financial services / insurance companies
- Analytical and decisive, with the ability to prioritise and communicate key objectives to achieve organisational goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, able to understand data and compile reports
- Ability to mentor and train
- Be flexible, self-motivated with strong organisational skills.
- Display strong leadership p skills and previous supervisory experience would be an advantage
- Results driven and goal focused.
For more information on the role and company please contact Honor on 01 664 1214
Salary: Salary is negotiable depending on the experience of the successful candidate, along with a generous benefit package
Please note: Not all opportunities are advertised in order to satisfy the discretion of our clients, please contact an AIR Consultant for a consultation.
AIR Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Product Development | Pricing & Reserving |Newly & Nearly Qualified | Part Qualified | Solvency II | Trainee Actuary| Actuary – Life and Non-Life| Claims | Reinsurance |Underwriting | Captive | Treaty Specialists | Risk Analysts |Operations| Compliance |Project Managers |Business Analysts |Wealth Management| Pensions |Risk Manager | SII | Non-Exec |Executive Directors |Actuary|