The purpose of this position is to manage the completion of complete multiple moulding projects within the engineering function from concept to completion
The purpose of this position is to manage the completion of complete multiple moulding projects within the engineering function from concept to completion.
- Ensure the moulding engineering work is completed in a compliant manner with regard to both execution and documentation as per FDA & ISO requirements.
- Provide detailed project specifications, drawings, procedures, tender documents and where applicable comply with site GMP procedures.
- Design in health, safety and environmental best practice into each project and ensure that all project work is completed in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Provide detailed justifications for projects and subsequently provide management to these projects in terms of leadership, time, costs and reporting.
- Prepare capital requests. Ensure that all purchasing activities are carried out in accordance with BD purchasing policies.
- Maintain spending records for individual projects against budget; ensure that the data is supported by the Finance Department.
- Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or moulding improvements.
- Supervision of contractors associated with project work.
- Ensure that project work is completed with minimal disruption and is fully integrated into the operational areas (incl. procedures, training, etc).
- Promote an environment of Continuous Improvement and Innovation in line with Lean thinking and Process Excellence.
- Execute key processes such as (but not limited to) FAT, SAT and PD, DOE.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Liaising with and build relationships with key suppliers as required.
- Other work as requested by the Senior Moulding Engineer
Degree in Polymer Engineering or related discipline
- 5-8 years’ experience working within a similar moulding role, with at least 2 years of this experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry.
- Experience working within projects including Mould Design/Mould Build Management would be beneficial.
- Must have proven people management skills with strong influencing abilities e.g. indirect people management such as key stakeholders during the lifecycle of a project.
- Proven ability to organize and drive cross functional participation in the project lifecycle.
- Proven ability to deliver projects from concept through to full completion.
- Must have the ability to manage concurrent priorities.
- Must possess good attention to detail and flexibility of approach.
- Must work well as part of a team
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines
- To be computer literate to include (but not limited to) all aspects of MS Office, MS Project and Autocad.