In this role you will be responsible for the hands-on running and maintenance of Fabric Maintenance and associated equipment across Ireland.
Facilities Fabric/Joiner Engineer Mobile
Reports to: Contracts Manager
In this role you will be responsible for the hands-on running and maintenance of Fabric Maintenance and associated equipment across Ireland. You will be responsible for maximising availability of facilities, utilities & equipment in addition to carrying out tasks of general maintenance such as plumbing, mechanical works, etc.
- Maintains facilities, facilities systems and equipment to provide a safe, efficient and comfortable workplace.
- Responsibilities include operation, repair, and preventative maintenance of building’s fabric facilities and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance support by completing corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve Facilities processes.
- Assists in execution of facility requests from client and helpdesk
- Performs plant and/or office facilities maintenance duties
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of plant and/or office facilities and equipment. Lock replacements, door replacements,
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
Performs work in more than one of the maintenance trades: plumbing, electrical & mechanical duties.
- Makes routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns & callouts from happening.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment and reports problems to supervisor as appropriate.
- Works with outside contractors on facilities and equipment repairs.
Interprets blueprints, sketches, layouts, drawings, and specifications
- Formal qualification/Apprenticeship - joinery, painting, electrical etc.
- Participate on Call Rota
Other features of the job
It may be necessary to work alternative hours, shift patterns or unsociable hours, including weekends and sometimes more than contracted hours. As part of your job, you may be expected to attend training events and/or meetings and travel to other locations may be required. Local requirements will govern your patterns and locations of work.
ISS Facility Services is an equal opportunities employer.