A great fixed term opportunity as a Lab Analyst is now available in our leading medical device facility in Cork!
Perform routine chemical analysis in an accurate and timely manner so that the manufacturing process is not stopped/delayed and the finished product is ready for release. Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects.
- Perform System Suitability tests as required by the laboratory equipment. Collect and prepare samples for purity testing and in-process formulation testing. Perform FTIR, UV-Vis Spectrophotometry, HPLC and GC analysis. Perform chemistry and material testing as required by the laboratory procedures.
- Ability to technically understand Chemistry test processes and perform required troubleshooting studies/investigations to resolve technical and/ operational system issues, for process improvements, validations etc. Ability to drive OOS investigations to successful and timely conclusions.
- Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects as required by the Laboratory Manager. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
- Assist with the training of other Laboratory personnel. Assist with internal auditing, assist QC auditors with product release and paperwork review.
- Compliance and adherence to all the relevant company policies, industry standards and regulatory expectations.
- Adhere to dress code. Laboratory and facility safety procedures. Perform routine laboratory cleaning of benches and laboratory equipment. Perform basic equipment maintenance.
- Prepare chemistry solutions required for laboratory tests. Set up sample requirements and complete paperwork.
- Cross training in Microbiology tests to be completed as requested to support Production needs.
- Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Technical understanding of chemistry processes.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- High attention to detail.
- Good Documentation Practices.
- Minimum: Bachelor degree in Chemistry
- Preferred: Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Chemistry or Masters in Chemistry
- Minimum: Two years’ experience in a Medical Device / Pharmaceutical Laboratory position with strong Chemistry systems troubleshooting experience.
- Preferred: Four years’ experience in a highly regulated Medical Device laboratory environment with strong technical and validation knowledge/ experience.