The Finance (Project) Information Accountant will assist the Finance Information Team Manager to provide and deliver project governance and oversight on a number of large scale, group wide financial projects.
FINANCE (PROJECT) INFORMATION ACCOUNTANT
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance (Project) Information Accountant at Glanbia Plc. in Kilkenny. This is a permanent position and will report to the Finance Information Team Manager.
The Finance (Project) Information Accountant will assist the Finance Information Team Manager to provide and deliver project governance and oversight on a number of large scale, group wide Finance project initiatives, along with delivering a number of smaller business unit related projects and optimisation initiatives. In addition, the Finance (Project) Information Accountant will be required to support and assist the Finance Information Governance team in ensuring all group wide project Finance activity is carried out and delivered in line with the Group's existing Finance policies, procedures and governance processes.
Key Elements of the Role
- The Finance Information Accountant will become a knowledge expert on Glanbia financial systems deployed across the Group (SAP/BCS/BI).
- Assist the Finance Information Governance team in evaluating business as usual, finance project and acquisition governance requests for any changes to the Group's finance systems or information.
- Provide input into relevant project status updates to the wider Global Project Offices.
- Production, consolidation and analysis of robust Microsoft Excel models to analyze large group wide datasets and provide relevant, actionable and succinct analysis to drive project decisions/directions.
- Identify key linkages and interfaces between the SAP MM, SD and FICO (incl COPA) modules and working with IT, provide best in class solutions to BU and project problems in this area.
- Identify any reporting impacts from finance governance requests and liaise with FICO and BI teams to ensure business unit reporting requirements are met at all times.
- Develop and maintain coherent and integrated Group Gap analysis models (From 'As Is' to 'To Be') to support the Group's profit and cost center and GL code landscape.
- Critically assess project workshop outputs ensuring best in class and future proofing of SAP FICO, MM and SD solutions.
- Contribute to the identification of key trends/ issues in the usage and deployment of the Group's SAP landscape.
- Support and assist the Finance Information Manager, SAP FICO and BI teams in their continual re-design in line with best practice and driving improvements through process optimisation.
- Other ad hoc finance project work as required.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification required
Skills & Experience
- Strong hands-on SAP knowledge with Chart of accounts transformation/change experience will be required - SAP FICO, SD, MM module and/or product costing experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and strong Sharepoint, Word and PowerPoint skills are essential.
- Good project management skills and flexible style
- Ability to prioritise and meeting deadlines is essential
- Highly ambitious, proactive individual used to working effectively on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Good team work and collaboration skills.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and manage time effectively is a must.
- Comfortable dealing with stakeholders at Senior Manager/Director levels within the business.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal across various stakeholders, levels and functions.
- Accurate with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to travel when and if required on a project needs basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all roles so classified.