The National Blood Transfusion Association established in 1948 was wound up in 1965 and replaced, under the Health (Corporate Bodies) Act, 1961, by the Blood Transfusion Service Board (BTSB). In 1975 and 1991 respectively the Cork and Limerick Blood Transfusion Services were absorbed by the BTSB. The BTSB changed to the Irish Blood Transfusion Service (IBTS) in 2000, The IBTS have also opened a new centre in Carlow in September 2000 and more recently in Ardee, Co Louth and in D’Olier Street, Dublin.
There are over 600 staff currently employed by the IBTS, 300 of those being in the National Blood Centre, IBTS Headquarters, James’s Street, Dublin 8. In 1998 there were 365 employees in the IBTS.
In the Headquarters in James’s Street we not only deal with blood products but we also have the following:
We are an Equal opportunity Employer
Please enter your email address
The IBTS is currently recruiting for the position of Donor Recruitment & Service Support Manager (Grade VI) Full-time/ 3 year fixed term contract based in Donor Services in Cork.