Team Leader - Microbiology
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 17/01/2017
- HR Specialist
Currently seeking Team Leader for our Microbiology Department
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab that provide testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
The purpose of this job is to effectively supervise members of a pharmaceutical microbiology team. This will include responsibilities such as planning work rotas, measuring productivity, training and development of staff, housekeeping, health & safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Effectively managing all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, housekeeping, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Developing and checking customer reports in a timely manner.
- Carrying out routine analysis on customer samples as required.
- Scheduling of work including speed of results to clients.
- Continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements / changes.
- Handling any customer related queries where necessary and liaising with their team to problem solve these queries if needed.
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is authorised and filed accurately in line with company procedures.
- Communicating regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- Team Leaders are responsible for writing and keeping updated laboratory SOPs in their area of work.
- Responsible for the quality of the day-to-day work emanating from their laboratory and for problem solving any quality issues with other members of the organisation.
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Continually liaising with management, customers and other members of the organisation on any relevant problem areas or enhancements to the business.
- Overall responsibility for the cleanliness, tidiness and safety within the laboratory.
- Ensuring equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- In the absence of the Senior Manager, this person is responsible for ensuring the continued smooth running of the company Laboratories.
- Keeping their training sheets up to date and initiating training where possible when free from work.
- As with all members of staff in the company this person is responsible for ensuring that customer requirements are fully met and in so doing will be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Lead accordingly to Eurofins leadership charter and act as a role model for leadership and your team.
- Lead/take part in group projects, initiatives and assignments to improve the performance of the BU and the company.
- Assist in the hiring process.
- Contributing to the financial success of the BU, ensuring that personnel and purchases are in line with the expectations of the BU.
- A degree or diploma in Microbiology or a related discipline
Education / Qualifications
A degree or diploma in Microbiology or a related discipline
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a GMP analytical laboratory is desirable.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Ability to co-ordinate, schedule and prioritise analytical work.
- Excellent technical ability and strong, proven leadership skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, strong documentation skills.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand customers’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.