Currently seeking a Team Leader role to join our busy and rapidly growing Biopharmaceutical team
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team in Dungarvan Co Waterford
The purpose of this job is to effectively supervise members of a Biopharmaceutical chemistry team. This will include responsibilities such as planning work rotas, measuring productivity, training and development of staff, housekeeping, health & safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Liaise closely with the Biopharmaceutical chemistry Section Manager to ensure that resources are available to guarantee that testing activities are completed to customer’s timelines
- Manage online reporting on LIMS, scheduling the work from start to sign off, developing and checking customer reports in a timely manner so as customer expectations are met consistently.
- Perform analysis as requested to ensure that customer’s deadlines are met.
- Review test methods for quotation purposes.
- Ensure that the Systems and Procedures are maintained to meet regulatory requirements.
- Provide continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements / changes.
- Handle any customer related queries where necessary and liaise with their team to solve these queries if needed.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is authorised and filed accurately in line with company procedures.
- Communicate regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- Participate in routine regulatory and customer inspections.
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- Keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- Ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in a GMP Bioanalytical laboratory is desirable.
- At least 2 years’ supervisory experience is desirable.
- Ability to co-ordinate, schedule and prioritise Bioanalytical work.
- Excellent technical ability and strong, proven leadership skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, strong documentation skills.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to understand customers’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.