Qualified Tax Seniors – non financial services
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services in Ireland. Our firm has 79 partners and more than 1800 people in offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, and Galway.
We work with clients in many sectors of Irish business, providing a range of Audit, Tax and Advisory services. The cornerstones of our business are quality of advice, quality of service, and quality of our people.
The focus of the CIM Group is primarily in indigenous public and private companies. We service international companies in the Consumer, Industrial and Markets services sectors. Our audit client list includes some of Ireland’s largest publicly quoted companies along with some of Ireland’s largest private companies. In addition, through our “Private Irish Business” initiative, we target small, medium and large indigenous Irish companies which play a key role in the Irish economy. We also act as auditors to a range of multinational companies which have operations inIreland.
The CIM group also advises family businesses and high net worth individuals & executives on managing / enhancing shareholder’s and individual’s wealth through an integrated planning approach in the areas of income, corporation tax, pensions, wealth transfer taxes and evaluation of wealth management strategies.
Tax Seniors (non Financial Services)
We are seeking to hire experienced Tax Seniors to join our leading tax practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of both Irish and Multinational clients
- Liaising with clients and advising on all relevant tax issues
- Review of corporation tax computations and returns for large groups
- Preparation of technical arguments to support corporate tax filing position
- Researching and preparing detailed technical tax memorandums to support tax advisory projects (reorganisations, take-overs)
- Liaising with Revenue on clients behalf and seeking rulings on certain tax positions
- Reporting to and liaising with Managers, Directors and Partners on tax advisory projects
- Responsibility for training and monitoring trainees together with reviewing their work
- Liaising with other departments i.e. VAT, Audit and Transaction Services to ensure advice and projects are successfully completed
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent) and member of the Irish Taxation Institute highly desirable
- Or qualified solicitor keen to develop a career in tax
- Strong technical skills and detailed knowledge of tax
- Minimum of three and a half years in a professional environment
- Strong team leading, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong academic record
- Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- We believe that KPMG offers excellent career development opportunities for the following reasons:
- Our leading position in the market means that you will work and learn from the leading professionals, advising some of the most successful companies in Ireland.
- This also means genuine opportunities for career progression and promotion; KPMG has a strong track record in recognising and rewarding experience and ability
- Strong international network - we work closely with our colleagues throughout the world both on particular projects and more generally in developing a strong global service for our clients
- Opportunities for overseas secondment
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. At Senior level the package includes an extremely competitive base salary, along with a KPMG flexible benefits package.
Your development is assured through on-the-job training and a comprehensive programme of classroom training.
We also have a dedicated tax knowledge centre to ensure that you are kept up to date on all tax developments.
If you are interested in the above position please submit a CV via the apply button or contact Dara Cody for further information.
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 2 years from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application