Microbiology Analyst - Dungarvan
- Permanent full-time
- Updated 17/01/2017
- HR Specialist
Currently seeking an analyst for our Microbiology department
Eurofins Lancaster Labs has an opening for an Analyst in our Microbiology Pharmaceutical department, if you have some or all of the skills listed below together with a degree in Microbiology we would love to hear from you
The main aim of the role is to carry out basic testing and to master the range of techniques appropriate for the work area.
- Become familiar with work practices and documentation requirements. Formal training will be provided during the first 6 months of employment.
- Gain an insight into the processes / procedures of the company’s business including customer awareness, lab safety and efficiency.
- Act on their own initiative and to learn as quickly as possible any tests that they are required to do.
- Responsible for gaining proficiency in a certain number of tests/area of testing.
- Perform techniques / tests that they are qualified to do in terms of completed training records and as directed by the laboratory senior.
- Ensure that all documentation and calculations are carried out on time, accurately and legibly
- Keep their training records up to date and to initiate training as per their training plan where possible when free from work
- Adhere to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
Education & Qualifications
- A Degree or Diploma in Microbiology or a related discipline is desirable
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- Good communication skills both internally and externally