The IPT Manufacturing Supervisor is accountable for the smooth running of a team within the IPT value stream.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the management of the team through the active implementation of the Tier process. He/She will be responsible for moulding a High Performance culture within his/her team by creating an environment of flexibility, collaboration, engagement and teamwork.
The IPT Manufacturing Supervisor will be an active member within the cross functional IPT Team providing support, guidance and expertise to ensure the success of the IPT. The IPT Process Lead will model the Leadership behaviors and understand the MPS principles to drive a culture of continuous improvement building a High Performance Organisation.
- Lead team by providing ongoing coaching and support to all team members, including the identification and development of key talent and skills within the team.
- Drive the team's performance so that every individual understands their individual contribution and how it impacts the site.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through tactical planning and execution of production schedules.
- Sound manufacturing stewardship, resource planning, scheduling and control.
- Consistently deliver on specific area Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), e.g. EHS metrics, Production Plan, OEE, compliance, team training and budget performance.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards.
Participate and Comply with the Manufacturing Division Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant to you.
- Responsible for driving a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools within the IPT on projects such as: OEE, problem solving, reducing cycle time, Lean principles within the process
- Develop an effective, focused and strong team by understanding: their abilities, unique contribution and broadening their skill set to be agile and prepared for any future business requirements. Provide your team with the tools and development opportunities (including educational assistance, job rotation, cross-functional training, Six Sigma) to make them successful.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, etc).
- At least three years' experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven capability for delivering results in a regulated Pharmaceutical environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering, Production).
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Desirable for at least a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
Berkley Engineering &PLS is a specialist recruitment consultancy which recruits pharmaceutical, medical device and clinical professionals throughout Ireland, Europe, Asia and Australia.
For more information and to see all the Engineering Jobs available go to http://www.berkley-group.com
To apply: If you would like to discuss this vacancy further or to discuss your career and other job options in confidence, please telephone Sarah O'Riordan on +353 (0)21 4289600 or send your CV to -group.com