Currently seeking a Lead Analyst to work on our client site in Athlone
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Professional Scientific Staffing (PSS) programme as an employee of Eurofins Lancaster Labs. The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by Eurofins Lancaster Labs directly at the client facility to provide long term staffing needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the Eurofins Lancaster Labs facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We currently have a position for a Lead Analyst at our client site in Athlone.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and manage an off-site Professional Staffing Services team of analytical and sampling staff to ensure that team is operating at the highest quality and productivity standards, have high morale and retention, and the agreed customer requirements are entirely satisfied and that customer expectations are met or exceeded through effective leadership and quality operational management. This person will be the key point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
- Performing routine and non-routine sampling and analysis, as requested by the client to the correct standard and turnaround times.
- Effectively leading and coordinating the PSS team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping are run at maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for effectively leading and coordinating the PSS team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping are run at maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that the client gets the best possible service by continually reviewing best practice in relation to both commercial and quality issues and ensuring 100% ethical work standards and GMP compliance.
- Responsible for the development, coaching, motivation, and morale of team members through effective teambuilding and use of reward and recognitions systems celebrating team success.
- Responsible for communicating regularly with the client and Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Management to ensure information is shared effectively and actions are taken immediately.
- Responsible for quality risk assessment of various technical processes, including sampling plans; preparation of validation protocols and subsequent procedures for final approval by client personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all relevant documentation and technical data in a timely manner and ensuring that it communicated, documented, and filed accurately.
- Responsible for reviewing and improving commercial work practices. Responsible for identifying areas where efficiencies may be improved and liaising with the client appropriately about any proposed improvements.
- Ensuring at all times that all documentation and laboratory records are up to date and of an appropriate standard. Development of documentation (SOPs, protocols, etc.) in collaboration with the client.
- Ensuring that all work carried out is approached using the “Right First Time” concept so as to avoid any re-work or errors.
- Leading in laboratory investigations as appropriate.
- Communicating regularly with the customer and the PSS Manager/Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories to ensure information is shared effectively and actions are taken immediately.
- Facilitate regular, effective team and client meetings
- A Degree or Diploma in Microbiology or a related discipline is desirable
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience of microbiology laboratory.
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 3 years previous supervisory experience.
- Risk assessment and facilities validation experience is required.
- Openly communicates issues or problems in the interest of the business success.
- States opinions in a manner that encourages dialog, rather than intimidating others.
- Creates relationships for the purposes of enhancing internal support bases as well as gathering and disseminating information, ideas, plans, and strategies.
Please note this role will involve shift work