Indirect Tax Specialist with German
Pfizer's aim is to provide equality of opportunity in the recruitment process by avoiding discrimination on the grounds of: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership. At Pfizer we are creating an organisation and promoting a culture that respects each individual's unique character and life experiences, and reflects the diversity of our customers and markets. We will achieve this through fostering and sustaining an environment in which every colleague feels valued and supported, thus enabling superior business results. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for people. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide. Working together for a healthier world Founded in 1849, Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health.
Indirect Tax Specialist Germany Responsible to: Indirect Tax Manager This role is an internal compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues within the European SSC for Pfizer. The role has specific responsibility for managing all aspects of VAT Compliance in the following countries:
Key Areas of Responsibility People
* Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
* Ensure regular 1 to 1 meetings take place (document relevant matters to VAT Leadership)
* Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Objectives Plan.
* Assist the Analyst with the preparation of Individual Development Plan.
* Complete mid-year and end of year reviews in an appropriate timeframe (based on guidance from the
Indirect Tax Manager and HR).
* Act as a mentor in assisting and developing the VAT knowledge and expertise of the VAT Analyst
* Assist and engage the Analyst in new and relevant local and international VAT updates.
* Provide training to the GFS VAT team and GFS Europe teams, including market colleagues;
* Manage timesheets process for contracted staff, where applicable.
* Assist in interview process of new recruits, when requested.
* Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all compliance
work (VAT returns, ESL, intrastat, annual returns, Chamber Tax (Austria) and any other ad hoc returns)
of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
* Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner.
* Follow up on outstanding repayments/refund applications in a timely manner.
* Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed on a timely manner each month (Oversee the Tax
process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions.
* Provide comment/suggestions on process/system efficiencies that might be adopted to improve the processes
in GFS VAT.
* Involvement and initiation of projects on above process/system efficiencies. Manage Risk
* Elevate to VAT Leadership issues/errors of a systemic or financially material nature.
* Manage errors and exceptions to minimize the impact on financial results and avoid non compliance penalties
with Tax Authorities.
* Ensure all Tax Audits/Queries are registered and filed in the share drive under the appropriate folder and using
the appropriate naming convention.
* Manage all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring that, where
appropriate, local Tax expertise is consulted.
* Provide audit support to the Pfizer business units when requested.
* Provide Pfizer business units, GFS departments and GFS VAT colleagues with accurate and practical VAT advice,
as and when required, across the above mentioned countries;
* Support the Global VP of Indirect Tax in terms of any initiatives and requests.
* Develop Market relationships by providing accurate and relevant VAT advice thereby centralising consultancy
across GFS Europe.
* Oversee new VAT registrations and provide advice in respect of new business set ups Systems
* Proficiency in SAP.
General Demonstrate an adaptability and openness to change, whether it be in objectives, roles, procedures. Demonstrate flexibility in working roles, to allow assistance to other colleagues in busy periods, by proactively making themselves available to support others Key attributes.
* Fluency in German Language (Oral & Written)
* Strong understanding of German VAT.
* Third Level Qualification.
Please enter your email address
Please enter your email address