- Updated 17/02/2017
- Dara Bradley
An exciting opportunity for a Biotechnician has arisen with our leading Biopharma client in Cork
An exciting opportunity for a Biotechnician has arisen with our leading Biopharma client in Cork. Our client is a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
The primary role of the Biotechnician is to perform day to day activities within Cell Culture, Purification and Process Services. They will be responsible for ensuring the manufacturing team has a successful site start up, process validation and product launch activities. Bio pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Performing, monitoring and troubleshooting of the cell culture, purification or support operations.
- Monitoring and reporting of process performance using statistical process control.
- Support of Commissioning and Qualification activities.
- Preparation, updating and execution of Batch Records, SOPs and other GMP documentation.
- Provide process and equipment related training as required within the Manufacturing Department.
- Troubleshooting of process specific equipment.
- Troubleshooting of DCS (e.g. Delta V) and PLC control systems.
- Authoring, investigating and resolving quality deviations raised within the Manufacturing Department.
- Participate in/ Lead Cross Functional team initiatives when required.
- Participate in the execution of validation protocols.
- Demonstrate an active approach to safety, industrial hygiene, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Completion of assigned tasks to support manufacture of quality biopharmaceuticals in accordance with cGMP and EHS requirements.
- Use Right First Time (six-sigma) and lean manufacturing practices leading to operational excellence.
- Working flexible shift patterns to meet business needs and Manufacturing schedule.
- Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Bio-systems Engineering or related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' relevant manufacturing experience, Biopharmaceutical preferred.
- Should be proficient in the operation of all equipment used in the respective functional area of responsibility.
- Work closely with Process Development, Manufacturing Science Group, Quality Operations, Facility Services and Manufacturing personnel to ensure timely closure of Manufacturing challenges and implement effective CAPAs.
- Energetic, motivated and team player
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists